Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryUnder moderate supervision, and on projects of moderate scope and complexity:
* Works collaboratively with peers, management and internal clients to conduct needs analysis.
* Supports short and long-term business objectives through blended adult learning strategies.
* Identifies, develops, designs and delivers live, virtual, multimedia or blended learning programs.
* Provides an optimal learning experience that meets the technical and skill requirements of employees, vendors and business partners.
* Responsible for execution of multiple business or organizational learning programs, or for multiple locations.
* May support less experienced learning professionals.
* This role does not manage others
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- With management oversight, assesses and develops long-term learning strategies and initiatives for identified needs.
- Designs, develops and delivers programs/curriculum to meet training initiatives and enhance productivity for business.
- Proactively develops appropriate measures to ensure learning initiatives are effective and in alignment with business strategy.
- Evaluates the results of learning, determines effectiveness and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- May manage budget and expenses for line of business or program. Ensures all training solutions are cost effective.
- Identifies and aligns appropriate resources to meet client needs.
- Evaluates and recommends vendors as required; may establish or manage vendor relationship.
- Works with peers to identify areas where common training solutions can be leveraged across businesses.
- In addition to the above, may:
- -Develop train-the-trainer tools and modules to prepare subject matter experts to deliver programs.
- -Design, develop and maintain effective training materials incorporating adult learning best practices.
- -Deliver live, virtual, multimedia and/or blended learning curriculum to meet the technical and skill requirements of employees and business partners in at least one line of business and/or specialty.
- -Maintain records and reports of learning activities.
- -Develop and coordinate training calendar for designated locations.
- Minimum of 4 years of equivalent experience in respective business operation or other learning and development related experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree or equivalent experience in adult or workplace learning techniques and practices.
- Typically 5 - 8 years professional experience.
- Professional learning and development credentials preferred.
- Experience with all aspects of learning solution development preferred.
- Experience with eLearning tools and/or other learning technology preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Coaching/mentoring experience preferred.
- Excellent PC skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong foundational knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance
- Technical understanding of underwriting guidelines and products
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to accomplish work in a matrix environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Forward thinker.
- Ability to influence and build support for ideas.
- Research skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong Needs Analysis Skills.
- Solid understanding of design, development, and delivery principles.
- Solid understanding of Evaluation/Impact Assessment techniques
- Good project management skills.
- Solid level of business acumen.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.