Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe are looking for a Programme Manager with experience of managing a major platform transition within the Insurance Industry. In this role you will be accountable to Senior Leadership for the management and implementation of the Programme. You will control planning and execution of the Programme's activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time and quality goals are met. You will work with minimal supervision and be responsible for applying advanced Programme Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Programme deliverables, processes and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
- Initiate and set goals for programme aligned with the strategic objectives of the organisation
- Plan the programme from business readiness to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes - all aligned to Agile methodology.
- Develop and run budgets and programme operations aligned with Agile methodology.
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements.
- Supervise delivery partner and all team leaders involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems.
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people.
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles.
- Drive programme engagement and support using Change Management techniques.
- Address and escalate where necessary all risk and issues in a robust and timely manner.
- Ensure programme operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Keep Senior Management informed with detailed and accurate reports and presentations.
- Ensure all key Travelers roles are staffed with appropriate skill.
- Coach and mentor Travelers Execution Leads.
- Manage Europe Stakeholders expectations and support communications to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and company wide.
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
- You will be an experienced Programme Manager with proven ability of managing a major platform transition. Your experience will include the Insurance Industry, ideally the London Market.
- Experience of leading major IT platform programs is a strict necessity. This must include working with a vendor partner. You must be highly experienced in Agile delivery techniques.
- You will have at least a secondary level of education.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- * Proven experience as programme director
- * Strong knowledge of Commercial Insurance, ideally in London Market
- * Deep experience of project/program management, including Agile methodology
- * Thorough understanding of Change Management techniques
- * Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- * Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- * Working knowledge of MS office and program management software
- * A business acumen with a strategic ability
- * Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- * An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- * Excellent communication skills
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.