ICW Group continues to grow and the work of the actuarial department is a crucial part to the success of our company. With the increase of work and the addition of new line(s) of business, we are looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join the team. If you have workers' compensation pricing experience in the property & casualty industry, apply today!
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to produce complex actuarial analyses and manage projects through establishing timelines and meeting high levels of service. This position exists to support and execute Company strategy as directed by the Chief Actuary while working to gain the skills necessary to perform as a team lead for a functional area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides complex analyses and participates in process development.
- Provides technical, actuarial analyses in the areas of pricing, ratemaking, reserving, analytics, and systems integration.
- Identifies issues and recommends mitigation strategies.
- Participates in the development and documentation of actuarial department processes.
- Takes responsibility for multiple core/critical processes within the department.
- Takes responsibility to modify processes in order to improve accuracy and efficiency.
Manages and follows through with assigned projects.
- Completes assigned projects ensuring that they are delivered on time and within scope.
- Provides regular status updates to project/task lead.
- Ensures key stakeholders are identified and regularly informed of project status.
- Assumes responsibility in the number of concurrent projects assigned.
- Works with individuals in other departments in fulfilling the actuarial role within larger projects.
Works to continuously broaden knowledge and guides junior level team members.
- Provides training in support of a self-sustaining culture.
- Develops the skill to efficiently review others' work and to provide valuable feedback.
- Broadens knowledge around business rules, industry structure and emerging events, and alternate data sources.
- Learns and applies current analytic tools and methods.
- Fosters positive, collaborative working relationships with higher level experts across the organization.
This role does not have direct reports, but may mentor and/or train junior team members.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university. Minimum of 3 years actuarial experience; or proven competence.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Thorough knowledge of actuarial models and ability to assess results. Thorough knowledge of segments of ICW systems and a business area. Progress towards attaining a working knowledge of emerging analytic techniques. Exhibits the ability to add critical thought process to enhance existing products and processes. Ability to make good decisions within areas of responsibility with minimal supervisory input. Ability to fully manage a complex product, requiring expertise spanning actuarial methods, advanced analytic techniques, in-depth business knowledge, and in-depth systems and data knowledge.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.