Claims Adjuster - Field Property
The Field Property Claims Adjuster is responsible for the handling of a variety of property Personal, Farm and Commercial line claims. The Field Property Claims Adjuster is responsible for properly investigating, accurately assessing, and resolving property claims in an expedient manner. The Field Property Claims Adjuster will also exceed customer service expectations and communicate frequently with policyholders until resolution of the claim.
- Exceed customer service expectations on claims handling, including frequent communication.
- Properly interpret and apply policy language to claims’ resolutions.
- Properly and accurately assess damage to a property, any additional living expenses or loss of income and any contents.
- Establish accurate and timely reserves on claims.
- Creates proper and timely written communications to insureds and agents, including Reservation of Rights and Denial letters.
- Properly applies depreciation on claims.
- Thoroughly investigates claims for potential fraud.
- Thoroughly investigates and pursues subrogation recovery on claims.
- Maintains accurate, thorough file notes, journal entries, photographs and time and expense records as required.
- Arranges for the proper disposition of salvage recovered.
- Assign and oversee Independent Adjuster inspection on some files.
- Proper use of company equipment including computer, phone, vehicle, ladder and possibly drone.
- Part of the on-call rotation for after-hours’ emergency claims.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent insurance-related experience
- Extremely customer service focused
- 3+ years of Property claims handling experience
- Experience and expertise in writing structural property estimates
- Working knowledge of Xactimate or Symbility is a plus.
- Must be able to climb, access roofs, basements and crawlspaces etc.
- Possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and good driving record as a company car is provided
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office
- High level of organizational, reasoning and listening skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently with little supervision
- Multi-task oriented as well as detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to create positive and collaborative working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Willing and able to travel, work after normal business hours and adjust schedule as may be required by circumstances, including on-call rotation.
This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. This position also works outside the office, inspecting properties in which insurance claims have been made. This position regularly travels to a variety of destinations in a motor vehicle.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is regularly required to talk or hear over the phone or in a face-to-face conversation. This position will frequently be required to stand, walk, use hand to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. This position also requires the ability to climb a ladder to access roofs and lift up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Wayne Mutual Insurance Company provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic disposition or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.
Apply for Claims Adjuster - Field Property
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly