Senior or Lead Content Strategist/UX Strategist
Come join the User Experience organization within Corporate
The Experience organization is on a mission to create extraordinary digital experiences for our employees. We strive to provide innovative digital experiences that exceed employee expectations. We are transforming a 45,000+ person global enterprise experience by listening to, identifying, and understanding opportunities that are most important to our employees so that their careers, work-life balance, and customers, can flourish. If you're an innovative UX strategist who wants to develop new digital ways to positively impact people, then join our team and let's build something great together.
This is a range posting. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
What's the role?
Our Content Strategists determine the right content to deliver to the right user in the right place at the right time. They identify what content is needed to deliver an exceptional user experience, and ensure that content is findable, easy-to-understand, and actionable for our users. This includes conducting research and analyses to evaluate content effectiveness and to identify opportunities to improve content across the user journey.
The ideal candidate will have a strong UX portfolio that demonstrates the ability to translate complex concepts into clear and concise experiences that improves business results. This role will work in Agile environment, partnering closely with product owners, product designers and engineers, as well as other content strategists, analysts, and researchers. Strong collaboration and influencing skills are critical for success in this role.
In this role, you will
- Implement content strategy for a dedicated workstream or functional area, collaborating heavily with product teams in the planning and development of digital solutions.
- Proactively initiate user research to explore undefined problems and identify strategic opportunities for content optimization.
- Define complex, highly technical content problems to be solved during the objective-setting and discovery process and decides which content methods and tools to use for the business challenge at hand.
- Leverage and conduct customer research, personas, journey maps and site data to develop content strategies that target user needs and support business goals. Identify the need for additional customer research and proposes testing ideas.
- Utilize your information architecture (IA) skills to ensure that users across the organization can easily find and interact with the content experience.
- Work independently to ensure that your content strategy compliments and strengthens the overall user experience strategy.
- Write concise, engaging UX content that adheres to brand guidelines for tone and voice, contributes to development of language best practices for the given channel/medium and is optimized for search engines. Shape ideas for large, cross-functional projects based on user and business insight, resulting in business content strategies.
- Continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize content.
- Provide mentorship to other UX disciplines to ensure design solutions meet customer needs; daily
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years professional writing and editing experience in digital and online platforms.
- A strong portfolio of written work that demonstrates business impact and results.
- Experience using methodologies such as Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Lean Startup.
- Experience leading moderately complex content initiatives from ideation through implementation.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to present projects and status reports to senior management.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate moderately complex content into a variety of artifacts and documentation.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.