Insurance Service Representative (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Schedule
Start Date: May 13th, 2021
- Training Schedule: 9:00AM-5:30PM CST Off Saturday/Sunday (12 weeks - virtual)
- Transition & Production Schedule: Schedule will be 8 hour shifts and will be between 10am CST and 11pm CST and will include a Saturday or Sunday weekly. Assigned shift will be communicated at time of offer
PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR ALASKA, CALIFORNIA, HAWAII, MICHIGAN, NEW YORK, AND PUERTO RICO RESIDENTS.Compensation Data
Starting Salary is $16.75 per hour, $34,840 annually (paid bi-weekly)Job Summary
Responsible for handling customer and agent inquiries, addresses various types of property and casualty policies and billing inquiries from agents and customers in an efficient, professional and accurate manner and resolving service concerns/documenting customer requests, and completing changes to policies which require a license. Service to agents and customers will include inbound/outbound calls and call transfers for service transactions.Key Responsibilities
- Resolve questions/issues which require an agent's license
- Ensure facilitation of first call resolution and customer satisfaction on all transactions handled
- Employs probing questions and actively listens to customer issues or questions, showing interest and compassion and displaying empathy for the caller's situation
- Demonstrates accuracy in processing changes to customer policies based on the information provided and identifies opportunities for cross sales
- Working knowledge of Allstate Property and Casualty policies and related processes and procedures
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the governing Rules and Rates for all personal insurance lines in all fifty states
- Remain current on new marketing campaigns in order to respond appropriately to marketing related inquiries using all available resource tool
- Be able to handle any requests regarding customer documentation (to include all documents sent out by our company) and be able to clearly explain them including any follow-ups required on our customer's part and updates as warranted
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years customer service experience
- Requires to pass Property and Casualty license for state in which you reside upon hire (post-hire requirement, travel for exam may be required )
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills, including typing proficiency, multi-tasking between online applications, working knowledge of Microsoft© products (Outlook, Excel, folders)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.