Principal Business Analyst, Legal Reporting and Analytics
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Apply your business analysis talents to help Liberty keep its edge in the rapidly evolving Insurance and Legal industries! With the legal world at the early stages of leveraging data for improved operations and outcomes, analysis and business process improvement skills have been a key driver of our leadership in effectively managing billions of dollars in litigation spend. The Reporting and Analytics group in Legal Strategic Services (LSS) provides strategic reporting, advanced analysis, and predictive modeling, to help our stakeholders continuously improve their legal related processes and results.
- Collaborate with clients across Legal and related partner areas to understand business requirements and priorities, proactively identify opportunities, and provide analytics-based insights with actionable recommendations and innovative new tools
- Develop and deliver compelling narratives integrating business concerns, technical concepts, and analytic findings, to key stakeholders at all levels of our stakeholder groups
- Design and execute deep-dive quantitative and qualitative analysis of the drivers of litigation emergence, spend, and outcomes
- Partner with stakeholders on the design, testing, implementation, and evaluation of business process changes to improve business outcomes. Leads implementation and evaluation of business process changes.
- Mentor junior team members and non-technical peers to structure, drive, and communicate analysis and results
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline; advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years' professional experience applying data and analytics to solving real-world business problems.
- Displays strong research, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency and advanced skills in analytic software tools such as Excel, PowerBI, SQL, SAS, etc.
- Advanced business operations knowledge to include understanding the function's value chain and market conditions.
- Adept at framing business questions and practices in analytic terms, and translating business requirements into corresponding datasets, analyses, reports, dashboards, and presentations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to derive trends and potential business impact from data and analysis
- Ability to synthesize analysis into compelling stories for senior management audience
- Strong influencing, relationship management & presentation skills.
- Strong project management skills as part of implementing business process changes.
- Advanced knowledge of available data sources with their respective strengths and shortcomings.
- Ability to perform high-level work both independently and collaboratively as an Agile team member or leader.
- Excited by trying new technology and learning new tools
- Ideal candidate will be analytically driven, comfortable in front of a customer and adept operating with a high level of autonomy.