The Client Executive position (formerly called Account Executive) is responsible for assisting Sales Executives in securing new business and in retaining renewal business for the agency on select accounts determined by premium size or complexity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the oversight and coordination of new business exposure analysis; coverage program design and marketing submission; workflows leading to bound coverage; and implementation of service plan elements for select new business opportunities
- Responsible for proactively working renewals by contacting the client 120 days out; completing account checklists; gathering updated information; revising program design as appropriate; and preparing complete renewal specifications for marketing.
- Maintain contact and collaborate with internal (Sales Executives, Client Managers, Department Heads, Marketing personnel, Loss Control personnel) and external (Clients and Insurance Companies) parties
- Main point of contact for select clients – review current coverages and/or contractual requirements and provide guidance on appropriate changes; coordinate/provide claims reviews; inform/educate client on exclusions and exposures, and perform contract reviews and advise clients on insurance and indemnification
- Responsible for relationship building with the client and the appropriate client team members
- Responsible for prescribing, planning, and implementing appropriate risk management services for assigned accounts
- Review and update applications and general information (attachments, activities, follow-up) into the agency management system for assigned books of business
- Responsible for planning, preparing and implementing stewardship meetings, where applicable
- Process, delegate and/or oversee audits, proposals and policy checking
- Conduct all business in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Regularly attends client meetings on or off site
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5-7 years in commercial lines insurance
- Licensed in Arizona Property/Casualty (or ability to transfer existing license)
- National or large account experience including experience with Alternative Risk Transfer programs
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, to internal and external parties
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with clients, carriers and peers
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with a minimal negative impact to all parties involved
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Bachelor degree or technical training in related discipline
- ARM or CPCU designations
- Previous Sagitta and ImageRight experience
- Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment
- General technology as it relates to office administration
- Regular business hours with additional hours required during certain periods
- Regular travel to client sites
Note: This job is not eligible for remote working from Colorado
As one of the largest insurance agencies in the United States, with nearly 200 employees in three offices and over $400 million in total premiums – Lovitt & Touché has the experienced personnel and financial strength to solve your insurance problems all over the world.
Our commitment is to satisfy our clients’ needs and expectations through the development of quality programs, underwritten by sound companies and delivered by exceptional employees. We promise to work at building a long term partnership with you …a partnership based on the fact that we will always do what’s best for you regardless of its impact upon our fees. In addition, we will continue to search for better ways to serve you and to solve your insurance related problems. This includes examining the factors which make your risks unique while helping you with workplace safety, loss control and risk management. Finally, we will always be available to assist in adjustment or settlement of claims.
Lovitt & Touché is honored to have been selected by the Phoenix Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Valley” since 2013, one of the “The Valley’s Healthiest Employers” since 2012 and “Top Minority Owned Firm” since 2012. We are proud to have been recognized as a CareerBuilder Top Company to Work for in Arizona since 2013, hold the Copper Cactus Lifetime Award for Community Service since 2011 and were the first company to be awarded the Gold seal by Healthy Arizona Worksites in 2014. Lovitt & Touché has also been featured in the Ranking Arizona publications as a Top Insurance Broker and Best Places to Work.