CorVel is seeking a remote, full time Care Advocate Nurse. The Care Advocate (Triage) Nurse oversees initiatives surrounding assessing the severity of the injured workers' reported injury(ies), reviews medical data in our proprietary system, validates and secures medical information, assesses & evaluates need for treatment of work related injury. The Care Advocate Nurse functions as a nurse consultant, supporting the goals of the Claim Management department and of CorVel.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates and receives telephonic contact with reported injured worker, employer and medical providers to obtain treatment plan, secures medical documentation, and assesses if injured worker has returned to work.
- Responsible for detailed documentation within the claim system focusing on medical condition, treatment plan and return to work status.
- Directs callers to appropriate medical and/or claim resources.
- Identifies and communicates urgent situations related to treatment or patient condition directly to the claim team.
- Functions as nurse consultant to the claim team.
- Assesses appropriate medical follow up and makes necessary recommendations to the claim team, working closely with team to assist in identifying potential red-flags from the injury that may require further follow-up or additional services.
- Adheres to the Triage production standards and Account special handling guidelines.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of triage in the field of Workers' Compensation (WC).
- Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Ability to skillfully manage multiple, complex projects and competing priorities concurrently while working under pressure to meet production standards deadlines and maintaining strong customer service orientation.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail, and results focused.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Minimum of 2 years clinical nursing experience.
- Graduate of an approved accredited school of nursing.
- Current unencumbered RN Compact State Licensure.