Assist and support the Claims Staff in the set-up and administration of Workers' Compensation Claims/Case Management and other tasks depending on the specific needs of the customers.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Sets up new claims
- Process mail, handle files (until paperless), and input notes/diary entries in the claims system
- Process payments, as needed
- Process form letters, state forms and reports
- Assist claims examiners with telephone calls including provider, claimant and customer calls
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (“IIPP”).
- Additional duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
EDUCATION: High school diploma; college degree preferred
EXPERIENCE: Six (6) months of service oriented office experience preferred