Director I, Actuary, Advanced Analytics
Liberty Mutual's Corporate Risk and Capital Analytics (CRCA) unit within Corporate Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is responsible for the maintenance, execution, and continuous improvement of the Corporate economic capital model and for providing oversight and governance of risk and capital modeling for the enterprise. CRCA coordinates with and provides expertise to the GRM and GRS Risk and Capital Modeling units. The CRCA unit is also responsible for coordinating the annual LMIG capital attribution process, supporting Enterprise Risk Management, including the prospective solvency assessment in the company's Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA), and generating insights from and developing applications for economic capital (EC) modeling.
We seek a highly motivated individual with advanced quantitative skills to join our team. This person will work with Risk, Actuarial, and Finance teams within the businesses, other parts of Corporate Finance, and Investments to identify, design, and implement enhancements to Corporate EC models, support enhancements to business and functional area models and processes, and help promote understanding and credibility of economic capital modeling across Liberty Mutual. The successful candidate will be a creative, highly motivated, self-directed individual with superior quantitative skills, sound business judgment, the ability to identify and solve complex problems, the ability to manage and/or execute multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to address a wide range of topics successfully.
- Assist with the development of new applications and tools to support the use of EC concepts across the organization.
- Develop additional capabilities for existing tools that will provide management with insightful information on strategic risk and return decision making.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses on a wide variety of risk and capital-related topics.
- Support the LMIG ERM program by providing analysis and insight on risk drivers.
- Provide support for improvements and maintenance of the corporate economic capital models, data, and processes based upon internal team observations as well as ongoing feedback from Corporate, business, and functional teams in risk, actuarial, finance, and investments.
- Assist with the development of consistent definitions and measures of risk and of capital utilization by enhancing the analyses supporting the reporting of key risk drivers, risk distributions, segment profitability, and their impact on capital.
- Assist with the implementation of timely and practical solutions to complex problems.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, mathematics, economics, actuarial science, statistics, or other quantitative field; Advanced degree (Masters Degree, Ph.D.), or actuarial credentials (FCAS/ACAS, FSA/ASA or equivalent) preferred.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience.
- Advanced analytical skills with demonstrated understanding of quantitative modeling techniques, standards, and assumptions.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to complete work in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn and implement new concepts quickly and solve problems.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively express technical and statistical concepts to non-technical individuals internal and external to the Corporate Risk and Capital Analytics organization.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams and individuals representing multiple businesses and functions to achieve successful outcomes.
- Sound understanding of Liberty Mutual's major lines of business; strong knowledge of insurance operations and procedures across Finance, Underwriting, Reserving, Claims, Advanced Analytics, and Investments areas a plus.
- Understanding of predictive modeling concepts, techniques, and uses preferred.
- Working knowledge of programming languages (e.g., R, SAS, C/C++, Python, VBA) strongly preferred; experience with Willis Towers Watson Igloo software (our economic capital modeling platform) a significant plus.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.