Sr. Data Solutions Analyst
The Sr. Data Solutions Analyst provides, builds, and maintains data solutions to meet the needs of the enterprise. They will supply written requirements and proof-of-concepts for IT and our Data Office, and helps ensure those solutions can be scaled appropriately. Under limited direction, works within significant limits and authority on assignments of higher technical complexity and coordination. The Analyst possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills, including product and industry, reflective of successful progression through various job family levels. Provides guidance and assistance to lower level associates and other functional areas.
- Under limited direction, prototypes/develops databases and reporting solutions of high complexity to meet the needs of the organization and business customers.
- Designs proof-of-concept solutions utilizing an advanced understanding of multiple coding languages to meet technical and business requirements, with an ability to perform iterative solution testing to ensure specifications are met.
- Designs and develops data solutions that enables effective self-service data consumption and can describe their value to the customer.
- Assists stakeholders in defining metrics that are impactful to the business.
- Prioritize efforts based on customer value. Can set expectations for deliverables of high complexity. Works with IT to help scale prototypes.
- Maintains proof-of-concepts and prototype data solutions, and handles any assessment of their viability and scalability, with own team or in partnership with IT and our Data Office.
- Ensures data solutions include deliverables required to achieve high quality data.
- Display a basic understanding of complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems, and applies principles of metadata, lineage, business definitions, compliance, and data security to project work.
- Has a strong understanding of Business Intelligence tools, including visualization and user experience techniques. Can set expectations for deliverables of high complexity.
- Works with IT and our Data Office to help scale prototypes. Demonstrates an understanding of new technologies as needed to progress initiatives.
- Acts as a technical guide and mentor for lower level associates.
- Strong written and oral proactive communication/collaboration skills required.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline preferred. Master`s in same or related disciplines strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years experience with business intelligence tools, coding for data management, data warehousing, business intelligence, or other data environments, including, but not limited to, working with Power BI, Snowflake, SAS, SQL, and Python.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.