Customer Service Representative
This Work From Home customer service position provides timely, accurate and responsive information and service to policyholders and agents for limited Personal lines products, plans and programs. May independently solve problems of limited scope and complexity. Identifies, analyzes, and owns customer policy needs to ensure high customer satisfaction, growth and retention of business.
Unlicensed Professional Training Class Start Date: May 10th
Licensed Professional Training Start Date: May 24th
The paid training is Monday - Friday between 10:00 am -6:30pm EST for 12 weeks. After training is completed, shifts will start between the hours of 11am-1pm EST. One weekend day (Saturday or Sunday) will be required with an alternate day off mid-week. Must be available to work during operating hours which are 8am-10PM EST. Requires flexible work schedule which may include nights and weekends.
- Provides excellent customer service by responding promptly to all inbound customer calls regarding personal lines policies, limited by geographic area and line.
- Listens to customers' requests and inquiries.
- Works to retain policyholders who inquire about canceling through open listening, policy review of customer issues, and escalation to the appropriate team if
- Builds rapport with each customer.
- Processes policyholder transactions accurately and within Customer Response Center established time standards.
- Interprets policy contracts to insured based on knowledge of Personal Insurance auto products.
- Identifies, understands and interprets customer needs to implement resolutions and makes recommendations for coverage enhancements.
- For features or products outside of auto, escalates the policyholder to the appropriate team.
- Understands aspects of billing systems as it pertains to policy coverage.
- Identifies and communicates transactions and impact to policy premium.
- Evaluates and makes decisions regarding exceptions to payment plan and fees.
- Makes alternate payment arrangements with customers and interacts with billing system to reflect arrangements.
- Places policy in follow-up and ensures adherence to arrangements specified.
- Manages and utilizes time effectively to ensure department meets required service levels for improved customer satisfaction results.
- Utilizes on-line reference materials to provide confident, accurate, and efficient information.
- Develops and maintains product, procedural and technical systems knowledge.
- Completes licensing and continuing education requirements.
- Utilizes technical systems, effectively and efficiently, including desktop, call center specific phone systems and the internet.
- Supports and participates in office or department programs and contests.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in a business related field or a minimum of 6 months related work experience is required.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Ability to review, record and organize written data from a variety of sources with no prescribed format is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Personal Lines producer insurance licenses required upon hiring and training.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.