Senior CyberSecurity Architect - IAM
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance. At the core of our values is the belief that putting people first and building trust through empathy and openness are essential to success in the evolving digital landscape.
We are currently seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Architect to lead our Access Management domain. IAM is experiencing rapid innovation and has become widely recognized as integral to delivering secure digital business solutions. You will be a member of the IAM leadership team, where together we align business, engineering, product management, and architecture disciplines to deliver secure, frictionless, and responsive IAM services globally for Liberty Mutual.
Responsible for developing and implementing IAM architecture and technology solutions to address current and emerging security and business requirements of the organization. Identifies threats to emerging and current information technology that create information security risk and aligns mitigating strategies that include technology, process and people controls. Drives change that moves technology and the business forward. Proactively identifies, defines, and solves the most complex security problems that have an impact on the management and direction of the business. Delivers enterprise IAM management and systems solutions to enable large, strategic, highly complex, system development projects involving multiple platforms, distributed processing, public cloud hosted multi tier client server and web based applications. Leads IAM efforts in support of Liberty's Zero-Trust strategy.
About the role:
- Establish and lead the enterprise access management strategy and technology roadmaps that enable the business.
- Drive the implementation of IAM solutions, maintaining ownership through the delivery stage.
- Work extensively with domain and application architects to identify, design, and deliver modern zero-trust authentication patterns and services.
- Collaborate with vendors and partners to drive product and service fit to solution and architecture roadmaps and gap areas.
- Define logical access, detection, protection, and response models that span across technologies and controls based on security capability area.
- Abstract common problems across multiple information technologies that require broad security design patterns and approaches.
- Contribute technical leadership for developing and maintaining the enterprise information architecture
- Consult with compliance teams to assure effective control management and implementation of continuous compliance controls.
- Advocate and socialize the adoption of IAM standards and patterns across the enterprise.
- Possess deep working knowledge of IAM and act as an expert reference and leader for the enterprise.
- Synthesize overall IAM industry and market trends and determine potential impact on business.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, a personal growth mindset, and customer centricity
- Bachelors or masters in computer science, information security, or a related field (e.g., IT Audit, Enterprise Risk Management, etc.)
- A current cybersecurity professional certification such as CISSP, or a commitment to obtaining a certification within one year of hire
- 15 years of hands on operational security experience with broad knowledge of infrastructure and application security; 8 years of experience in information security, specifically in an Architect role.
- Exposure to layered solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, multiple technologies and processing environments.
- Hands on experience with modern and legacy enterprise authentication patterns (OIDC, OAuth, SAML, WAM, SSO, federation) and platforms, preferably Azure AD, Ping, and Siteminder
- Thorough knowledge of Zero-Trust architecture and how to apply it in an enterprise setting.
- Strong understanding of cloud and network architectures.
- Software development skills essential; ability to incorporate software engineers' perspective in IAM strategy.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds. Strong desire to drive change.
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company.
- Ability to balance the long term big picture and short term implications of decisions.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.