Sr. Legal Administrative Assistant - Houston, TX
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
Staff Counsel Support is responsible for managing Insurance Defense and Tort Litigation / Disputes work and related issues/matters.
This position provides administrative support for the Staff Counsel attorneys in an office under limited supervision. Enters and manages data, including pleadings, motions and all trial, arbitration and mediation letters; calendars and files related events in case management systems. Confirms related events/ activities, closes, maintains and archives files. Monitors and routes internal/external client inquiries.
- Handle calls in a timely manner and ability to initiate oral and written responses to routine inquiries
- Handles some ambiguous situations and confidential information
- Ability to train others across team boundaries on various work group functions
- Ability to complete minor investigations & solve problems related to specific tasks
- Handle multiple demands on an on-going basis including familiar situations, sensitive information and some high level contact
- Monitors and maintains compliance with Team Connect (Litigation Management System)
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 5+ years of experience in a litigation setting or prior insurance defense experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced communication skills including the ability to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with clients, customers and with fellow employees handle calls in a timely manner and ability to initiate oral and written responses to routine inquiries
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Internet, and other web-based applications
- Ability to complete professional, error free documents utilizing good grammar, spelling and format skills, including accurate preparation of legal pleadings, agreement letters, memoranda, reports outlines, schedules and client communications
- Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
- Knowledge of work group functions and processes beyond team boundaries
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Must be able to work in a high paced environment
- SIU experience is a plus
- Will have to come into the office a few days per week
Compensation range for this position is $36,394 - $46,100 per year, based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.