Tag Insurance Agent (7057)
Responsible for the profitable growth and the attainment of business goals by marketing and servicing customers with public tag agent services. Assist walk-in customers, support office operations and market our products outside of the office via marketing calls and visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Meet and exceed sales goals through new product sales, cross selling and retention of current customers
- Build and maintain relationships with community organizations and local business
- Develop and manage customer relationships and serve as a resource to customers and potential customers on all public tag agents products and services
- Provide service to customers seeking to pay registration license taxes and issue registration certificates and license plates
- Responsible for completing and reporting the Office of Motor Vehicles inventory in accordance with their polices
- Receive customer payments, issue receipts and verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers
- Understand, promote and remain current on Office of Motor Vehicle guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in policies and procedures
- Understand, promote and remain current on company guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in policies and procedures
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years of successful business-to-consumer sales and/or customer service experience
- ability to acquire operator code from the Office of Motor Vehicles within 60 days of hire
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environments
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with internal and external clients at varying levels within the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
- Notary Public (Tag Agents Only)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.