Experienced Inside Property Condo Adjuster - Remote/Home Based Worker
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
This job is responsible investigating, negotiating and settling moderately complex and occasionally complex property damage on country wide condominium claims. This individual reviews the insurance policy, reviews reports and photos, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage, negotiates and settles claims, and authorizes payments. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload.
As a condition of employment, your office/area may require you to obtain an adjuster and/or an appraiser license. If required, the Hiring Manager will work with you along with the Centralized Licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed.
If offered the role, you will go through virtual training. You will receive ongoing support, mentoring and coaching as you develop your career
This position is not available to California residents.Key Responsibilities
- Communicates empathetically and timely with customers and helps them through their claim process in a fast, fair and easy manner
- Handles coverage investigations on losses that may be handled via fast track, virtual handling or coordinating with an onsite inspection
- Reviews the policy, decides how coverage applies and provides the customer with a detailed explanation of both the estimate and the policy
- Conducts a detailed review of the property, writes an estimate to capture the extent of the damages and documents the claim file with notes, evaluations and decision-making process
- Completes and reviews contents inventory, contents pricing, and mitigation bills
- Negotiates claim settlements with customers in accordance with business unit standard methodologies
- Handles specialized claims and supplements
- Handles Escalations, pending reviews and/or DOI inquiries
- Uses data and analytics to tell a story and influences decision making
- This job does not have direct supervisory duties
- The adjuster may be required to direct vendors onsite to capture necessary information to determine coverage and damage estimation
The compensation range for this position is $56,000-$78,000 per year, based on experience and qualifications.Job Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related experience
- Experience using Xactimate to write damage estimates
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Applies intermediate knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies intermediate knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies intermediate knowledge of discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies intermediate knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies intermediate knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Applies intermediate knowledge of negotiation and/or appraisal skills
- Applies intermediate knowledge of conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex and occasionally complex claims
- Ability to utilize available Virtual Tools to capture information to assist in Coverage Determination and Scope of Damages associated with the Loss
- Ability to demonstrate and leverage continuous improvement skills and tools to enhance personal performance and collective success of the organization
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.