Director II, Product Research
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance Your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
The GRM Product U.S. Solutions team is responsible for building exceptional products for our customers, agents, and partners across personal lines, business lines, accident and health, telematics and new mobility. This role is within the Business Lines Product Design & Experience team accountable for building new and enhancing existing core product offerings for the Business Package, General Liability, Property, Farm, Inland Marine, Auto, Workers' Compensation and Umbrella lines.
In this role, a successful candidate will lead a high-performing team and engage cross-functionally to inform and drive our business lines product strategy. This includes identifying and building core product enhancements, new and innovative products and product-related experiences that meet the ever-changing needs of our customers; in addition to, providing new contract solutions for the rapidly evolving Preferred Transportation Partner space and partnering with our internal channels to optimize products and accelerate digital frictionless experiences.
- Motivate and provide inclusive leadership to a high-performing team by driving transparency, promoting effective communication and through continuous mentorship and development support.
- Develop strategy for new products or product-related experiences, support and execute the product build, and work cross-functionally to launch them in market.
- Continuously work to identify opportunities and improve the existing core product set to drive long-term profitable growth and differentiate Liberty Mutual in market.
- Conduct in-depth research of product and product-related experience initiatives among competitors and key industry emerging trends.
- Analyze trends and develop strategic and tactical recommendations that drive product decisions and/or initiatives.
- Work extensively with key stakeholders across Business Lines teams to understand business needs, vet opportunities, and deliver analytically based recommendations to drive action.
- Develop & deliver presentations to communicate strategy, technical ideas and analytical findings to non-technical peers and stakeholders, including Business Lines executive leadership.
- Independently manage projects of varying complexity.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant product management experience required, with a preference toward small commercial product expertise. Sound knowledge of other business operations including underwriting, distribution, pricing, claims, legal, compliance, delivery, etc.
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant management experience, with a demonstrated ability to drive strategy, set direction and create alignment with broader organizational vision and goals.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with business lines core products and coverages, including an understanding of application and contract language.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to analyze competitive environment, core products, coverage, legal, regulatory environment, insurance operations, and industry trends.
- Ability to effectively build relationships, collaborate, influence and manage projects/working groups cross-functionally to achieve business objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, including Executive leadership.
- Strong project management and strategic problem-solving skills.