Assistant Director/Director I, Data Products
Data Product Owners play a critical role in Liberty Global Retail Market's data transformation. GRM is the largest business unit within Liberty Mutual and data is one of its top priorities. Our Product Owners will articulate and translate the strategic vision, developing data products that enable our Platforms and Infrastructure products.
In this role you will articulate and translate the strategic vision into the development of data products and solutions, implementing programs that impact the way a SBU and/or multiple operations interact with customers to ultimately enhance and continuously improve products and services to customers as measured by relevant KPIs. You will ensure that any new data product meets the evolving needs of the organization, through continual innovation, evaluation, and implementation. You will also independently work on moderately complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise.
You should be able to work independently and will be empowered with decision-making authority on assignments reflecting the highest degree of technical complexity and coordination. You will lead a squad of IT developers focused on executing towards a vision and will be responsible for prioritizing the squad's work, executing cleanly, and communicating clearly to stakeholders. You will be expected to have a command of the technical products as well as how they need to meet the needs of our community. This role also requires general business domain knowledge and a thorough understanding of data value streams.
- Translates the strategic vision for our technology and infrastructure stack (on prem and cloud) portfolio into a roadmap. This includes how they are managed but not limited to platform operations, integrations, performance, cost among other factors.
- Understands the discipline of platform and infrastructure management and creates a product roadmap for managing the access functions for data and information through the various platforms and guides the product and development team on setting up best practices.
- Elicit and prioritize work targeted at both the feature development, go to market efficiencies, and operational stability of various products and technologies.
- Engages directly with enterprise products including modern technologies such as Kafka, SnapLogic, Informatica, etc., to provide product leadership to drive delivery.
- Collaborate with many other delivery teams to establish a cross-functional, platform and operating model that meet business needs. Ensures stability and evolution of technology/products are aligned with delivery streams
- Deprecate platforms and infrastructure as part of moving to managed cloud for various technologies.
- Knowledge and experience working with modernization of platforms from on prem to cloud integrating with multiple sources of data.
- Manages moderately complex initiatives and recommends and implements new or enhanced products (build and buy) to better meet stakeholder or customer needs by leading development of project backlogs and plans, including milestones and dates. Experience maturing platforms and applications.
- Partners with IT to think through proof-of-concept solutions, how they fit in the overall product suite, whether they will be viable, how they will be maintained.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with Agile processes as a means of providing focus and prioritization for the development team(s).
- Ability to motivate and inspire a squad of IT developers by creating a compelling vision and clearly articulating a path to address various data pain points through new products.
- Expected to be a change agent across the organization. Can communicate effectively across multiple technical units and senior leadership.
- Experience in platform/infrastructure technologies strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of experience working in a data related field (data engineering, data management, data solutions design, analytics, data product development)
- 3-5 years working with technical teams in a thought leadership and product ownership role
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to communicate recommendations to senior business leaders
- BA/BS, or relevant work experience, in Computer Science, Statistics or related field preferred
- MBA or advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or other quantitative discipline strongly preferred
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.