Senior Analyst/Consultant, Advanced Analytics
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Talent and Enterprise Services (T&ES) Talent Analytics team is looking for a team-member with strong analytical, technical, and consultative skills. The team is tasked with supporting business functional and talent leaders through consultative data-driven projects on key operational and strategic questions. We partner with T&ES to produce insights into the workforce and talent related programs; we develop actionable recommendations for the organization's talent strategy and drive alignment with the business. Ultimately, we work to embed analysis into the decision-making processes of the organization.
- Conducts moderate to high complexity analysis under general direction from project managers.
- Identifies trends and issues following pre-defined processes. Provides technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business and presents findings to team leads and / or key stakeholders.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analyses or support the execution of advanced analyses; utilize more advanced statistical techniques to solve business problems.
- Analyzes results to quantify business outcomes; supports the creation and population of operational insight reports for senior leaders; partners with team leads to create narratives for analyses.
- Ensures data integrity and partners with other Talent Analytics teams to rectify any identified issues.
- Serves as point person for low to moderate complexity projects.
- Serves as team member on moderate to high complexity projects and may lead own work stream.
- Actively shares job knowledge with less experienced analysts.
- May be assigned to mentor a new hire, depending on experience.
Please note: This is a range posting for multiple grade levels. The offered level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum 3-4 years, typically 5 or more years of experience, or equivalent, is required. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field are preferred fields of study.
Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA, macros, scripts, formulas, data visualization, etc.), PowerBI, PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (SAS, Python, R)
Must have strong planning, project management, analytical, and communication skills. Solid understanding of business operations is preferred.
Experience with marketing or digital analytics platforms or tools preferred.