The in-house Creative Group at Liberty Mutual is something special: combining all the benefits of being on the inside of a brand with the energy of working at an outside agency. We believe creativity is a business advantage; and we're looking for a driven, inspiring person with an undying passion for delivering great work across channels, mediums and platforms.
As a key team member, you'll be both a thinker and a doer. You'll flex your mind working on strategic initiatives, collaborating on creative briefs and concepting fresh ideas. And as a master of your craft, you'll write and edit to bring our diverse ideas, stories and messaging to fruition.
Team is everything for us, so we'll expect you to understand the businesses you work with and develop effective relationships with your client partners and colleagues. And as part of the Creative Group, help team effectiveness by keeping us all up to date on the latest work, trends and technology in and outside our industry.
You'll report directly to the Group Executive Creative Director.
- Write, proofread and edit copy that reflects the conceptual vision and aligns to our brand voice.
- Determine the style, tone, structure and voice of copy across a variety of media (e.g., digital, mobile, print, web, video).
- Provide daily management of your assigned work, ensuring due dates and budgets are met.
- Address any issues/changes and escalate, as appropriate.
- Lead and guide your assignments in strategic direction, creativity and methodology.
- Collaborate with other Creative Group and Brand Communications team members (e.g., Production, Studio) to ensure a cohesive product.
- Be a trusted expert for the creative copy needs of our key clients, providing necessary insights, expertise and oversight.
- Promote a culture of innovation and teamwork, helping ensure a fearless, happy, inventive, curious and open environment.
- Engage in simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing strategic plans, concepts, and deliverables.
- Work with Project Managers, Account teams and Creative leadership to identify, develop and implement process improvements to better meet project and team needs.
- Participate in proposal development, pitching work and project initiation.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications or related field of study.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related writing experience (agency and/or in-house) across media channels: print, social, digital, video, stage, etc.
- Proven track record of developing successful campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and persuasion skills.
- Excellent communication skills and strategy, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups, at all levels, including Sr. Management of a client organization.
- Ability to work well under time constraints and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- An open-minded, self-starting and collaborative nature, with a polished ability to receive, analyze and utilize feedback.
- A link or attachment to your Portfolio containing finished professional pieces, as well as any conceptual work that further shows your style and expertise.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.