Solutions Engineer, Data Analytics & Emerging Technology
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Solutions Engineer, Data – Analytics & Emerging Technology
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Global Risk Solutions Technology team is looking to hire a Solutions Engineer, Data for the Analytics Enablement & Emerging technology team to support our Data Science and Innovation business teams to deliver technology solutions utilizing the latest in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. As a Solutions Engineer you will be supporting at least two Agile teams within the Advanced Analytics Hub. Our teams are focused on business delivery through the development of advanced analytics products ranging from Claims Fraud and Severity models to Pricing and submission triage web applications (React/Python) to predictive model deployments (R, Python), to mobile applications and Power BI dashboards.
Our teams are also focused on partnering closely with our data scientists to build better data pipelines for optimum data sourcing for model training as well as providing data for real-time and batch model integrations. As a solutions engineer in the AA Hub you will be involved in providing input into to our future GRS Analytics Platform which is utilized by our Data Scientists to be able to explore data within the GRS Data Lake and then create subsets of that data, enrich and transform the data and ultimately build and deploy AI and ML models through our Runway service.
As a Solutions Engineer within Global Risk Solutions you will work with other software engineers, data engineers, solutions engineers, architects, managers, and directors to help build out our Data & Analytics strategy across dozens of development teams. This includes software engineering standards, testing as a service offering, and application quality observability.
- Consults on designing and developing programs and tools to support ingestion, curation and provisioning of highly complex enterprise data into our GRS Data Lake and Analytics environment to achieve analytics, reporting, and data science. Involved in and contributes to development and enhancement of solutions for gaps.
- Responsible for designing and building highly complex data architectures for our Analytics Platform that improve accessibility, efficiency, governance and data quality that directly impact business results.
- Understands and develops business process improvements that address the most complex technology gaps within a single business process.
- Develops technology enabled recommendations to address gaps within a single business process. Proactively identifies potential impact on business strategy and recommends potential solutions as necessary.
- Documents existing processes, organizational structures, architectures and external systems.
- Consults on the appropriate tools to prepare deliverables; participates in the development of tools and methodologies and adapts them to the organization environment.
- Manages peer to peer relationships, with colleagues, vendors and external contractors, including offshore functions.
- Assists with development and execution of cutover plans for simple processes.
- Assists in post-implementation support, resolving issues and raising defects to appropriate level.
- Executes transition plan for area of responsibility to the appropriate resource for each phase of the project or initiative. Transitions the knowledge sharing and transfers ownership to other resources or teams for key deliverables and business processes across a module.
- Collaborate with development teams and architects experienced in existing on-premise solution, a solid roadmap towards the future, and a passion to learn and drive the adoption of newer technologies to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long-term strategy.
- Guide the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within the GRS Analytics & Emerging Technology teams
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Plan and manage execution of architecture migrations.
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternatives and architectural designs that meet business requirements.
- Oversee design reviews and frameworks.
- Partner with business and technology leadership to identify problems, and opportunities for technology and engineering innovation.
- Help establish a clear, consistent technology vision through collaboration, influence, and enablement.
- Research, recommend, design and develop systems and application architecture with a specific focus on software quality.
- Stay informed on initiatives across the industry and the enterprise to help product owners and IT leadership effectively prioritize.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred. Generally, a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies. In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in data engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared data engineering concepts and product features, as well as security minded. In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly. Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
Highly competitive applicants will have:
- Experience, prior knowledge or strong desire to learn predictive modeling, AI and ML techniques
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Strong coding skills, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Bamboo or Jenkins (CloudForge)
- Experience in Cloud computing - AWS Platform, preferably PaaS services.
- Git version control
- You have ±10 years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in quality assurance practices used for testing and delivering complex, high-quality software.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, NewRelic, Datadog, Splunk and the like
- Test Data Management is a tool you readily utilize to automate testing in CI/CD pipelines.
- You have deep knowledge of appropriate techniques to proactively monitor, alert, and create self-correcting mechanisms for issues within complex distributed systems and infrastructure.