Business Analyst II/Senior Business Analyst
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Pricing and Planning Support Team within GRS Actuarial is seeking a Business Analyst II or Senior Business Analyst. The team is responsible for the GRS business monitoring metrics including but not limited to rate change and retention across GRS. In this role, the candidate will have opportunity to work closely with various departments, including finance, underwriting, actuaries, etc.
- Coordinate with local actuarial and underwriting to improve the quality, completeness and consistency of business monitoring metrics.
- Putting together monthly KPI reports which monitor rate change and retention metrics.
- Improve and coordinate the Rate and Production Report used by the GRS President and GRS senior management to monitor premium production, rate changes and market conditions.
- Improve the efficiency of the monthly business monitoring reporting cycle through continuous improvement of current processes.
- Engage with underwriters and local actuaries in building business monitoring reports that allow them to drive continually improve their portfolios.
- Maintain Power BI rate monitoring model and support as needed.
- Assist with other wider team goals including profitability reviews, planning, and trend analyses as needed.
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of relevant experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationship within and outside of the organization
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and the ability to multitask
- Strong MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SQL and VBA skills preferred
- Experience using PowerBI and PowerPivot is a plus