Financial Analyst l, STP
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.This role will support the Financial Planning & Analysis for LSM International West. The role will report to the Head of FP&A for the region and also have heavy interaction with Business Partners with LSM West, LSM Finance in London, GRS Home Office in Boston and LSM West Finance in Colombia. Fluency in both English and Spanish is required.
Independently manages the financial planning and analysis for West in a deadline focused environment with ultimate responsibility for the accuracy of the work. Uses increasing insight to set strategic direction for the team in supporting emerging business issues by thorough, relevant planning, results reporting and analysis and complex ad hoc analysis. Communicates financial results, trends and business implications to a variety of audiences, including making presentations to senior management. Fosters the development of the team by setting objectives that challenge them while providing on-going coaching. Builds a culture of innovation to continuously improve processes to ensure work is performed in the fastest, most efficient means possible.
- Leads the planning process for West - Ensuring the development of accurate, complex budgets and financial plans by effective planning, monitoring and problem solving. Consulting with management to coordinate the planning process, understand business drivers of financial trends, highlight opportunities for improvement and create relevant management exhibits.
- Guides the team in developing highly complex ad hoc and on-going financial forecasts and models that assist the business in making decisions, ensuring that trends and outcomes are communicated appropriately to senior management.
- Oversees the production of increasingly complex management reports and associated analysis, ensuring accuracy and relevance to the business.
- Leads Business Partnering with key business stakeholders (including Product Line Managers, Country Managers and West Senior Leadership) and their direct reports, including both supporting and challenging where appropriate as well as ensuring all are regularly appraised with their results. This includes P&Ls results as well as expense and FTE positions vs Plan.
- Provide monthly reporting requirements to London including, Flash, MD&A and MOR commentary for all of LSM West.
- Understands the interdependencies of financial systems, prioritizing and implementing enhancements and planning appropriately for changes. Understand the results and performance at a legal entity level as well as management level and the interdependencies between the two.
- Where appropriate work closely with their Actuarial counterpart(s) to understand latest pricing trends and Reserve Review outcomes
- Work closely with the Reporting team to ensure the result is landed correctly and journals are posted where required (by Reporting team)
- Uses increasing insight to identify and implement improvements that increase the business value and efficiency of the work performed. Initiates and/or leads increasingly complex projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own team`s responsibilities.
Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM) offers specialty and commercial insurance and reinsurance products across key UK, European, Middle East, US and other international locations. We provide brokers and insureds with a broad product range through both the Company and Lloyd's markets and have over 1,850 employees in approximately 65 offices.
We are one of the world's leading specialist re/insurers with a commitment to helping our employees, brokers and clients, and the communities in which we live and work, to prosper. As an employer it is important for us to promote a culture in which we adopt our core principles, communication, teamwork, performance, ambition. At Liberty Specialty Markets we create an environment where careers can flourish – a place for people to learn, grow, develop, and celebrate success.
Each of us has a 'unique perspective', shaped by our different backgrounds, personalities, life experiences, beliefs and many other dimensions of differences. Diversity & Inclusion embraces all those dimensions which make each of us who we are; a combination of visible and invisible differences which guide our perspectives and approaches in life. At LSM we recognise and encourage the values of diversity, inclusion and collaboration - working together to share our unique perspectives helps us to make better decisions, deliver innovative solutions and pursue our goals. We have an inclusive culture and leadership, where all colleagues are empowered to be their unique selves and fully contribute to get things done. We are as committed to helping each other internally, as we are to helping our customers, communities and shareholders externally.
LSM International West is a region within LSM that encompasses Latin America and US Global Lines.
Products range from Liability and Energy to more unique products like Terrorism, Fine Arts and Equine. We have offices in 7 different countries -- Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico and the US.
You can learn more by visiting www.libertyspecialtymarkets.com
- BILINGUAL SPANISH/ENGLISH SPEAKER REQUIRED.
- Bachelor`s degree (Finance or Accounting). CPA or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred. Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the Insurance Industry. P&C Preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to execute thoroughly in a fast-paced work environment, adapting quickly to changing conditions to achieve results. Must possess the ability to collaborate with peers across the organization to gain support for ideas and execute on projects that deliver value to customers.
- Comfortable leading meetings, making strategic recommendations to senior management and giving presentations to increasingly large audiences. Advanced understanding of Finance Tools and Analytical Methods.