Senior Cybersecurity Specialist - IT Compliance
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sr Cybersecurity Specialist – IT Compliance
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, we believe progress happens when people feel secure. Our Cybersecurity Specialists form a diverse team of security professionals who are collectively responsible for improving the overall security posture of the organization. They evaluate and manage risks, test the effectiveness and completeness of security controls, and partner with teams across the company to optimize our security posture while ensuring the business is able to innovate. Cybersecurity specialists must continually adapt to stay ahead of a dynamic threat landscape. We are expected to continually learn and grow. This is not a passive career opportunity, but rather one that requires a passion for security and rigor to protect our business.
In this Compliance role, you will have exposure to cutting-edge security solutions and learn how they are used to mitigate risks across the organization from on-prem solutions to cloud environments. You will be able to influence the owners of the solutions to use them in being compliant by design to protect Liberty Mutual's financial and regulatory risks. By doing so, you will have the opportunity to influence the controls designed to manage, develop, deploy, and support security requirements globally, as well as evaluate the effectiveness over those controls.
You would be a member of an agile team that is focused on how to evaluate control effectiveness and comply with emerging laws and regulations at the scale and speed necessary to protect Liberty Mutual data.
About the job:
- Independently and with general direction, evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of security and compliance controls, as well as risk mitigation strategies in IT and business environments.
- Provides implementation leadership on pre-established patterns and assists with the more complex engagements.
- Evaluates risk and develops security standards, procedures, and controls to manage that risk, with a mindset of continuous process improvement.
- Delivers and may assist other team members in risk identification and mitigation strategies, control documentation, evaluation of control design, evaluation of control operation, reporting of control deficiencies, and remediation strategies.
- Effectively communicates technical issues to diverse audiences.
The Ideal Candidate Will have:
- Ability to assess processes to determine risks, corresponding controls, gaps and applicable testing strategies
- Technical writing (ability to document controls, gaps, meeting minutes, professional emails, etc.)
- Knowledge of IT controls/ IT auditing/Security/Compliance
- Knowledge of control frameworks (e.g. NIST, COBIT, CSC, etc.) and regulations that apply to Liberty
- Ability to integrate control frameworks and regulations into enterprise controls
- Technical knowledge of tools (Jira, MS office tools, Sharepoint, MS Teams, Remedy)
- Knowledge of Agile practices
- Knowledge of various environments (on-prem, ICCU, AWS, Azure, containers, etc.)
- Knowledge of auditing best practices (testing, annotation, sample size guidance, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Generally 5+ years of professional experience.
- Industry cybersecurity, technology, and/or IT Audit certifications are a plus.
- IT Financial Audit (SOX) and/or Service Organization Controls (SOC) reporting experience preferred.
- Highly proficient in security, risk and compliance concepts, processes and able to execute existing patterns.
- Thorough knowledge of new and emerging technologies, well versed in IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, as well as security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills; strong oral and written communication skills; able to present to senior contributors and management.
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying customer requirements.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
- Self-motivated/ self-directing
- Ability to manage and prioritize own work
- Independent decision making
- Analytical thinking; thinking out of the box
- Ability to effectively communicate with all organizational levels (SME to Senior Management)
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead a meeting and keep all involved on task
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to analyze problems at various levels (e.g. detail level, overall organizational impact, etc.)
- Ability to effectively implement the DEI guidelines for inclusion in daily activities