Principal Software Engineer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual.
The Quote Experience team in Distribution Technology, part of the Global Retail Market (GRM) organization, is looking for a Principal Software Engineer. This role directly supports the GRM US strategic objective of being #1 in the independent agent channel, and you will act as a thought leader in this space, helping your squad deliver innovative solutions, as well as sharing best practices across the broader portfolio. The solutions you and your squad deliver process 75% of Safeco quotes, are thus key to our success in the Safeco Partner space, and put a premium on performance and complex business rules execution.
In this role you will use your technical and business knowledge to re-engineer business operations to improve business results. You will evaluate business requirements and model technical requirements in collaboration with product owner and test engineers. You will drive adoption of continuous integration and delivery pipelines, and be an advocate for automation of all processes done by your squad. You will work with your squad and your aligned solutions engineer to identify areas of technical debt, and work with your product owner to accurately prioritize them in your backlog.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to helping people live safer, more secure lives every day.
Your role and responsibilities
- You will collaborate closely with a team of solutions engineers, analysts, developers and test engineers to deliver complex software solutions, where application performance is critical.
- You will work in an agile environment with business stakeholders, product owners, and other software engineers to review and refine stories, and execute on them using excellent engineering practices.
- You will use your technical knowledge to participate in the building and re-engineering of automated tools.
- You will drive full cycle end to end development from design through implementation.
- You will be an advocate for excellent engineering practices.
- You will establish, maintain and update consistent protocols and security access to sensitive data.
- Your role requires hands-on development, problem resolution and knowledge of various horizontal and vertical packages - spanning across all layers of our technical stack.
- Expert-level experience with C# development
- Conversant in software architecture and design patterns.
- Significant experience with web design, including HTML5, SASS, TypeScript, Modules, etc. Angular 2+ experience (with NgRx) strongly preferred.
- Significant experience building web services
- Well-practiced at optimizing code and creating high-performance services
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored Procedures
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and mentoring
- Familiar with Docker/containerization and DevOps practices
- Working knowledge of ACORD XML and Safeco/Liberty Mutual systems is preferred. Insurance domain experience is a plus.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.