Senior Risk Control Consultant - Construction, National Insurance
Advance your career Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
Under limited supervision, our Senior Risk Control Consultant - Construction provides consulting services, within our Construction area for a broad range of products/services. Consultants conduct extensive research, data collection and evaluation and analysis in order to make recommendations to control customer's source of risk, loss and/or costs.
- Construction area of expertise required.
- Risk Selection: Partnering with UW & Distribution to adequately provide an opinion of risk to meet profitability objectives through pre-bind and renewal risk assessments. Develop strategies and influence stakeholder to reduce total cost of risk.
- Account Service: Work with customer stakeholders to provide comprehensive risk control services and assists in meeting customer key performance indicators. Including a deep understanding of customer operations and the industry exposures in order to develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Leadership: Having the ability to cross collaborate, innovate, influence and inspire those around them to meet a common goal. This includes mentoring and coaching, owning personal and career growth aspirations.
- Continuous Improvement: Having a growth mindset that allows for continuous improvement of work product, service delivery, in a collaborative way that provides consistent innovation.
- Relationship Building: Ability to form and sustain relationships at all levels of customer organization and become a trusted influencer in order to impact business objectives.
Key Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Inquisitive thinking and problem-solving skills. Can leverage these skills to influence change.
- Able to adapt to changing and competing priorities demonstrating resilience and flexibility.
- Demonstrates personal energy, stamina and discretionary effort.
- Works with a sense of urgency and handles setbacks/feedback with a growth mindset.
- Strong collaboration skills and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Capacity to become trusted advisor and partner with the customer.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Required: Bachelor's degree or equivalent with coursework in mathematics and engineering or related area
- Required: Minimum of 3-5 years of directly related consulting experience.
- Required: Previous experience applicable to loss prevention may be substituted for lack of formal education or advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Required: Strong communication and listening skills in order to develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- Required: Proven ability in advance level research, evaluation and analysis functions. Proven ability to deal with all levels of an organization.
- Required: Maintains advanced level of understanding loss prevention products, services and operations within realm of responsibility.
- Required: Successful demonstration of technical skills in areas of risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
- Preferred: Master's degree, designation(s) or certification(s): CSP, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, CPE, CFPS, PE.
- Preferred: Effective leadership qualities.
- Preferred: Experience service planning/execution, risk assessment, solutions management, ability to demonstrate results (ROI).
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.