Liberty Mutual Investments Technology is actively searching for an Architect to support our digital transformation with an initial focus on our internal customer facing applications. You will partner with product teams to design and build architectures and services to support all LMI business segments. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to lead change as we continue our agile transformational journey.
In this position, you will be responsible for articulating and helping driving aspects of key LMI services and the architectural vision for LMI applications, as well as developing and validating the architecture and solution design aligned to critical business capabilities. You will provide technical expertise, guide, and mentor development teams on methodologies, processes and best practices on cloud data architectures, event-driven architecture, and API-enabled data services.
This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. We value speed, quality, and change agents who will lead.
About the role:
- Leads technical teams and is responsible for key architecture and technical designs.
- Partners with Product Owners to align the roadmap with the technical design and strategy.
- Identifies, defines, and solves complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business, in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for establishing and providing leadership to the technology strategy and technology roadmaps, which includes researching & recommending products to better enable the business.
- Ensures appropriate security standards are implemented including role-based security, encryption, tokenization, and obfuscation.
- Works with application teams to identify functional requirements that drive technology to enable business functionality.
- Utilizes a "roll up your sleeves" hands-on approach with expert knowledge of modern technologies.
- Designs, develops and prototypes technology solutions as well as develops specifications for new products/services, applications and service offerings.
- Responsible for understanding and helping develop standards and guidelines for business unit wide use.
- Organizes and leads technical design sessions to prepare documentation for implementation
- Have overall leadership responsibility for product architecture and design. Reviews and ensures major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost-effective solutions.
- Facilitates cross-team/train insights, communication and alignment.
- Analyzes the technology industry and market trends to highlight potential impact on the business, defining opportunities for innovation/POCs and provides product recommendations that enable our business.
- Bachelor's in technical discipline;
- 10 years of software design experience with enterprise-scale applications in a complex, Cloud Native, web-based and micro-services environment.
- Extensive experience in external customer portal concepts and services.
- Experience in enterprise wide services.
- AWS proficiency and AWS Solution Architect – Associate certification (required)
- Diverse background in Investment or Assets Management industry (public markets, private investments) - 10 year minimum; ideal candidate will have experience with Aladdin, eFront
- Strong desire to lead change, and ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Passionate about work, curious, and willing to tackle difficult challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering, languages and tools.
- Hands on use of API and Micro services (REST) experience.
- Strong leadership skills; coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to collaborate; working at multiple levels: business, senior leadership, technical leadership and developer levels.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control.
- Remarkable technical communication skills – presenting and influencing developers to senior leaders.
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds.
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a leader with vision within the company.
- Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short-term implications of decisions.
- Flexible to do international travel 10% of the time.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.