When you enter finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you will find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
As an Accountant, you will conduct complex assignments involving maintaining ledger accounts and developing financial statements and reports
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual book close cycles through effective planning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Performs the most complex accounting activities. Creates complex financial statement schedules using advanced technical knowledge.
- Reviews other team members` schedules to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting regulations. Researches and applies accounting policy to complex issues, communicating appropriately to senior management.
- Establishes, documents and performs internal control procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. Trains others on financial systems and manages key interfaces and interdependencies.
- May make recommendations for enhancements to financial systems and associated processes and participate in or lead their implementation.
- Continually assesses the business value and efficiency of the work performed, identifying and implementing improvements. Initiates and/or leads increasingly complex department projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope of own team`s responsibilities.
- Cultivates an environment focused on development by assigning projects to build teammates` strengths and sharing knowledge through training or reviewing their work.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance) required. CPA or advanced degree in Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance experience.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions to achieve results.
- Communicates well with own team and across organizational boundaries to create alignment and ensure the successful completion of shared goals.
- Comfortable leading meetings and able to communicate issues and trends to senior management and other groups at the appropriate level of detail.
- Possesses a solid understanding of accounting principles.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.