PL Senior Territory Manager
Safeco Insurance is part of the Personal Insurance business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance. Safeco is committed to providing a range of superior property and casualty products to customers across the United States through a network of independent agents. Safeco is proud to support the communities that we live and work in and values a diverse work force. You'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live safer, more secure lives" every day.
As a Senior Territory Manager, you will drive profitable premium growth within your assigned territory by selecting, engaging and managing independent agents to successfully sell and support Safeco's Personal Lines products and services. This role is at the forefront of building premium growth through relationships with our underwriters and agents to ensure we build market-share successfully.
- Owns and manages assigned territory driving profitable growth to achieve financial and operational targets.
- Leads assigned geographical territory and agency management processes (e.g. Agency prospecting, business planning, engagement, training, compensation, plant optimization, etc.).
- Independently builds and cultivates mutually beneficial agency partnerships in person with agency ownership, management and frontline staff.
- Establishes position as a trusted advisor while delivering product, underwriting philosophy, appetite and system training, support retention and new business development to increase depth and maximize agency revenue.
- Creates, maintains, and executes high quality agency strategies and plans to achieve direct written premium, profit and new business goals.
- Plans include strategic and tactical components and are aligned withkey Personal Lines or Business Lines business strategies including carrier consolidation (book transfer), agency plant expansion, service center support and new product/program rollout support.
- Drives and ensures quality of new business flow, appropriate book mix, and overall risk management of both individual agency books and overall assigned territory. Provides appetite and target market clarity, identifies and addresses profit or quality of business concerns to ensure profitability across territory.
- Leads, collaborates with, influences and supports internal business partners (underwriting/product management/claims/risk control) to identify and capitalize on opportunities, solve problems, share key competitor and industry intel and provide voice of our agent/customer.
- Collaborates with Personal Lines (PL) or Business Lines (BL) counterparts to effectively partner with shared agency assignments.
- Strategically utilizes internal and external programs and tools designed to support the Independent Agent channel and Senior Territory Manager agency management including all Marketing and Development programs, business development tools and internal production/profitability data and analysis.
- Provides leadership and mentoring for other team members, guidance on agency initiatives, and contributes ideas for continuous improvement.
- Bachelor`s Degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum six years of progressively more responsible insurance sales and management work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of company services, products, marketing techniques, insurance contracts, risk funding and rating plans, and industry trends.
- Proven track record of revenue growth and sales success in a prior role.
- Proven success in developing and building partnerships, decision making and problem solving.
- Advanced knowledge of the business including production management, claims, loss prevention, underwriting, administration, sales operations and agency business operations.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, timing, tact and negotiation skills.
- High degree of customer focus, interpersonal relationship skills and problem solving.
- Advanced analytical thinking, business analytics and business development skills.
- Strong time management and team orientation skills.
- Well versed understanding of marketing principles.
- Must be licensed by the state if required.
- Ability to travel daily with occasional overnight travel.
- Appropriate driving record required to operate a company vehicle.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.