Solutions Engineer, Software
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented leader within our Global Retail Markets (GRM) Technology team as a Solutions Engineer for Partner Integrations. This Technology Leader will use agile methods to de modernize our architecture, coach and develop talent and advance capabilities that support our personal lines partners in direct alignment with one of GRM U.S.'s Strategic Imperatives and growth goals. This person will bring their passion and excitement for software, architecture, and engineering practices to help create new, modern solutions for our growing new business partnership market segment. This role will report to the Director, Direct Agent, Partner Integrations and Platforms within the GRM U.S. Technology organization.
Are you interested in?
· Designing and building the next generation of modern services and features to support our third-party partners
· Shipping software to production frequently and seeing the value of your work in the business results we obtain
· Working as ONE team, committed to excellence
· Continuing to expand the market segment - driving demand for more features, innovative approaches and expanding new business opportunities
· Focusing on modern technology to deliver value, increase our return on investment, and reduce our total cost of ownership
· Striving to improve, yours as well as the squads' technical capabilities as well as culture, to be the BEST place to work
· As a technical leader - drive modernization, quality and excellent engineering practices ensuring systems, the technical and our architecture is aligned with business objectives and long-term strategy
· Defines the technical roadmap for aligned teams and work with other solutions engineers and architects to define the roadmap at the portfolio and cross-functional level
· Act as a lead Solutions Engineer identifying, influencing and driving the tech modernization and Clear Architecture Vision, leveraging approved technologies to realize business plans and long-term strategy
· Influences prioritization to ensure applications are enhanced, modernized and maintained to support partnership growth, business development and to meet the long-term product vision
· Partners with the Sr. PO and POs aligned with the squads to drive progress forward as a team
· Act as a servant leader bringing improved Excellent Engineering Practices to individuals and squads to improve processes, efficiency and effectiveness
· Partner with squads to define the distribution modernization strategy for key components of the existing systems
· Consult on major architectural designs and ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to the overall system, technical and product architectures within the portfolio
· Participates during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions
· Contributes toward forecasts of business and IT trends to define the technical direction within a portfolio and the market
· Brings a focus on high quality applications that leverage modern CI/CD patterns including automated integration and performance testing
· Guides the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision. In coordination with Architecture, researches and makes innovative recommendations around new technologies
· Responsible for prototyping complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies
· Fosters open communication on aligned teams, encourages bi-directional feedback. Guides team members in taking ownership of key squad responsibilities.
· Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and IT
· Creates dashboards to monitor application health and performance
· Contributes to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness
· Facilitates cross-team/train learnings, communication and alignment
· Bachelors or Masters Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience with 5+ years relevant work experience required.
· Excellent analytical ability, consultative, communication, presentation and management skills, strong judgment and ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
· Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills; In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT standards and guidelines; knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
· In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies; thorough knowledge of business functions and operations, objectives and strategies