Senior Software Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Senior Software Engineer
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a senior software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-up—and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
Liberty Mutual is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a team of talented developers who are focused on the development of Enterprise Content Management platforms. You'll have the opportunity to work in a casual, exciting, Agile environment. You'll be working with cutting edge products on cutting edge cloud solutions.
- Be a thought leader on an agile team.
- Continue transforming into a constructive rebel – doing the right thing for our business and our team.
- Develop Enterprise Products in a fully scaled cloud platform.
- Deliver products in CI/CD pipelines
- Deploy products to AWS or Azure Cloud Based platforms.
- Conduct impact analysis.
- Provide system architecture
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand feature needs
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Provide functional/system integration testing support.
- Perform Quality Assurance coding and design review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners and stakeholders.
- Plan work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
- Mentor new developers and junior developers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
Highly competitive applicants will have the following
- Strong enterprise-level software development experience in an object oriented language, preferably Java/J2EE.
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, API / Microservices principles, design patterns, etc.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc…) is preferred.
- An evident appreciation of current and emerging technology trends.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred.
- Generally 8+ years of professional experience.
- Highly proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts. Extensive knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared software concepts.
- Business function(s) and I/T industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives. Strong in multiple programming languages and tools.
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Extensive understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.