Assistant Director, Director, Product Research, Innovation
Assistant Director Product Research/ Director of Product Research
Please note this is a grade 17-18 range posting.
Solaria Labs is a global team that explores the trends that are shaping our world and develops new products to protect our customers today – and tomorrow. In partnership with teams across Liberty Mutual, we develop new products that solve unmet customer needs and expand Liberty's protection offerings.
The Product Portfolio team is looking for a new core team member who will help us design and launch new adjacent value-added services and insurance offerings that will expand our protection offering to customers. This includes expanding on the success of our Hail Alerting program to include additional weather alerts that can be included as part of the new Digital Home Services platform we are preparing to launch later this year. This team member will also work with Solaria's Trends and Insights Team and key stakeholders across GRM (Product Solutions, Partnerships, Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures, etc.) to evaluate opportunities to build and test new value-added services and assets as well.
We're looking for someone with an insurance background who is excited to explore adjacent value-added products and services that can expand our protection offering, and thrives in a fast-paced, high-visibility environment. This position will report to the Product Portfolio Manager responsible for our Future of Shelter work.
- Expand our current successful Hail Alerting program to include additional weather alerts and notifications
- Partner with Solaria's Trends and Insights Team and key stakeholders across GRM (Product Solutions, Partnerships, Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures) to design, build, and pilot new value-added offerings
- Identify and assess key metrics (lead generation, new business, retention, CSAT, etc.) to make recommendations on overall viability of these offerings
- Regularly present key decisions and next steps to GRM Leadership
- Proactively engage with teammates and partners to drive alignment and maximize value to the organization
- Good understanding of the insurance industry – everything from product design to channel engagement to underlying product economics
- Passion for exploring adjacent, value-added services that expand our protection offering
- Strong consumer empathy, with the ability to incorporate customer needs into a product roadmap
- Can apply analytical insight and sound judgment to make and influence key decisions
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.