Lead Accountant Accounting Policy and Controls
Responsible for partnering primarily with various business functions to help execute and maintain a robust internal control environment. Works collaboratively with multiple business units/departments, internal audit and external audit teams, and other strategic partners to support the attestation process. Communicates effectively with management to plan work, gather information, and present results. Leads efforts to continuously improve processes to produce value added work in the most efficient means possible. For this role, it is crucial to be able to work and communicate effectively with the business teams and stakeholders and provide value to customers.
- Works with management to ensure a robust control environment; supports continuous review of operations within the control environment; develops recommendations in support of cost/benefit so that they align with changing business needs. Ensures changes are implemented as needed.
- Develops partnerships with the functional groups and business owners to assess the risk and control environment and identifies opportunities for process, control and system improvements.
- Works with external auditors to assist in the review of SOX processes and controls to ensure that the control environment remains effective and efficient as processes change; organizes meetings to coordinate various needs for attestation activities; communicates any control or audit issues to management and meets with control owners to develop and implement action plans to address the issues.
- Continually assesses the business value and efficiency of the work performed, making suggestions for improvements and collaborating with others in implementing them. Leads and actively participates in increasingly complex department projects and continuous improvement activities.
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting or Finance) and a minimum of 5 years of accounting or finance experience is required.
- Solid understanding of accounting knowledge/skills is required.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with teammates and others, leading meetings and interacting with increasingly higher levels of management to gather information and effectively present results/recommendations.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word is preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.