Senior /Principal Software Engineer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual.
The Agency and Producer Data team in Distribution Technology, part of the Global Retail Market (GRM) organization, is looking for a Senior/Principal Software Engineer (we will consider candidates with less than senior level experience as well). This role directly supports the GRM US strategic objective of being #1 in the independent agent channel, and you will act as a thought leader in this space, helping your squad deliver innovative solutions, as well as sharing best practices across the broader portfolio. The solutions you and your squad deliver are needed to transact agency and producer data through GRM US and are vital to being able to quote and issue all independent agency business making this role key to our success in the independent agency space.
In this role, you'll be part of an agile squad focused on modernizing our Agency applications and the underlying platform which supports Personal and Business Lines independent agencies. These applications handle agency data as well as license and appointment data for agencies and agents. It's an exciting time to join this team, as our mission is focused on moving these applications into the cloud to enable more capabilities while increasing stability and usability. Our team focuses on new development, and we work with Java Microservices, PCF, AWS database, storage, compute, and messaging services in a fully scaled, distributed agile environment. The team is also responsible for the monitoring, support, and maintenance of the solutions they deliver. Additionally, you'll develop applications that perform complex calculations and services using your Java, Node.js, and React skills.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to helping people live safer, more secure lives every day.
Your role and responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with a team of software engineers to deliver complex software solutions
- Work in an agile environment with business stakeholders, product owner, solutions engineer and other software engineers to review and refine stories and execute on them using excellent engineering practices
- Use your technical knowledge to analyze technical system problems and design and implement effective solutions
- Hands-on development, problem resolution, and knowledge of our technical stack
- Contribute to the development and growth of the team
- Be curious and innovate through the use of new tools and techniques
- Provide periodic off-hours production deployments and support
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Knowledge of and experience working with new and emerging technologies such as AWS, SpringBoot, Node, React, various Amazon Web Services (RDS, S3, SQS, EC2, DMS, etc), DevOps, CI/CD (Bamboo), and Microservices
- Dedicated and consistently demonstrates initiative to take ownership of resolving issues and gaps
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes (especially Scrum)
- Conversant in software architecture and design patterns.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and mentoring
- Generally, 5 years' work experience in a software engineering environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Location: Indianapolis preferred; Remote also considered.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.