Director of Citizen Data Science, GRS Advanced Analytics Hub
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Liberty Mutual, Global Risk Solutions, Advanced Analytics Hub is seeking a Director of Citizen Data Science within the Analytics Transformation team. The Analytics Transformation team is responsible for championing the future of Data Science, helping to incubate new ideas and encourage innovation with purpose across Global Risk Solutions, with a strong focus on leveraging Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to drive business value in the Large Commercial Insurance space.
The team is looking for a passionate leader who will build out the GRS Citizen Data Science initiative. They will help to democratize data science across GRS, enabling it as a more fundamental capability deployed throughout the business, all while ensuring a broader understanding of the theory behind data science practices. The Director of Citizen Data Science will work with teams across GRS to increase awareness about not just the “how” but the “why” behind decisions that are made when working on data science and advanced analytics initiatives. This position requires strong communication, project management, and influencing skills. Experience building data science models is required. FCAS preferred but not required.
- Build out and lead the newly created GRS Citizen Data Science initiative. Understand stakeholder needs and create a roadmap of initiatives.
- Work closely with Actuarial and Advanced Analytics teams to elevate their DS capabilities through hands-on, collaborative model builds that will solve key business problems in areas such as pricing and claims
- Own, maintain, and expand the Citizen Data Science learning platform – a home-grown interactive learning site for Liberty Mutual employees that includes a curated set of data science courses and Liberty-specific learning modules
- Build highly complex, technical, and creative predictive analytics products which are transformative in nature and have broad strategic impact to the business unit
- Provide strategic input on highly technically complex projects that drive change across function or SBU
- Competencies typically acquired through an advanced degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science or other relevant field of study) and 5 to 7 years of relevant experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor`s degree (scientific field of study) with 10 years of relevant experience
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint; advanced knowledge of statistical software packages and Data Science platforms (e.g., SAS, R, Python)
- Reflects deep knowledge of predictive analytics techniques, and advanced application of applying those techniques to business issues
- Ability to foster and encourage teamwork and productive working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across organizational lines
- Demonstrated ability to think broadly across multiple viewpoints, with strong influencing skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills