Consultant, Advanced Analytics
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Corporate Treasury is looking for an energetic, self-starter to lead our data and analytics journey. This role will be instrumental in supporting the expanded use of analytical tools across the Treasury team, including supporting the development of Treasury employees' analytical skills. Leadership in change management, understanding core advanced analytical techniques, a drive to make things better through data and bring others along the journey will be needed to push many objectives that help to build an analytical culture to continue to drive exceptional business value.
Treasury is participating in a project to replace many of our systems with the Finance wide “OneGL” SAP ERP project. In addition to supporting Treasury's business processes, this project includes the creation of a Finance data strategy which Treasury is a stakeholder. Access to reports and data for Treasury and our customers will be critical as we transition to OneGL. This role will play an active role in the reporting and analytics workstream of the project as well as supporting Treasury's analytical needs in the interim.
This role also provides leadership to a Treasury Innovation team using a variety of tools to build and maintain technical solutions supporting Treasury operations.
- Leader for Treasury on data and analytics.
- Member of Reporting and Analytics workstream of SAP ERP OneGL project.
- Champion of data strategy for Treasury, working with Global Finance Technology team in alignment with overall Finance data strategy.
- Co-Product owner for Treasury Innovation Team, providing leadership and mentorship to team.
- Evangelist for growing analytical skills across Treasury organization and growing a data-centric analytical culture.
- Experience with Python, Blue Prism RPA and Power BI and Agile methodology
- Understanding Version Control and Reproducibility methodologies
- Proven ability to use analysis to influence business decisions
- Ability to lead and support change management
- Experience with Treasury business processes and data a plus
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum 5 years, typically 7 or more years, of related experience required; Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field are preferred fields of study.
- Master's Degree preferred; advanced education may be substituted for years of experience (Ph.D. with no professional experience).
- Deep knowledge of data sources, tools and business drivers.
- Ability to apply advanced analytical concepts to improve business outcomes.
- Ability to build analytic tools that will be used by business teams to analyze results and opportunities.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA, macros, scripts, formulas, data visualization, etc.), PowerPoint, and statistical software packages (SAS, Emblem).
- Must have good planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Ability to present data, visually and verbally, to guide conversations with business managers.