Claim Resolution Specialist II, No Fault
Manages, investigates and resolves medical claims assigned by the Claims Team Manager and assists in providing service to policyholders and agents under general supervision. May perform field investigation on assigned cases and make recommendations on additional work as indicated. Recognizes and solves problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Manages, evaluates and resolves claims assigned by Claims Team Manager. Evaluates liability, medical necessity, causality and settles claims within prescribed authority.
- Communicates with policyholders, agents, witnesses, and claimants in order to gather information regarding claims and refers tasks to auxiliary resources as necessary. Responds to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports.
- Reviews medical records and bills to verify claimed treatment is causally related to the accident and is reasonable and necessary given facts of the claim.
- Ensures adequacy of reserves and settlement authority.
- Confirms or denies coverage and liability and advises policyholders, agents and claimants as to proper course of action.
- Makes effective use of loss management techniques (IMEs, Nurse Review, and Bill Review).
- Negotiates settlements with attorneys, claimants, and medical providers.
- Arranges for expert inspections involving third party or potential fraud actions as needed.
- Updates files and provides comprehensive reports as required.
- Identifies and recommends referral of potentially fraudulent claims to the Special Investigation Unit.
- Recognizes continuous improvement opportunities and develops
- Strong written and oral communications skills required. Good interpersonal, analytical, decision making and negotiation skills required.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and the ability to review and understand medical records to determine causality and medical necessity.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 6-12 months of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.