Product Design Lead (Hybrid, LMDS)
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Come join the new Experience organization within GRM U.S!
Experience is here to lead the GRM U.S. Digital-First mandate and rally the organization around transforming digital connection opportunities into extraordinary experiences that position our company to win big with our customers, agents, and prospects. We will make digital our competitive advantage, keeping prices low for customers, reinvesting in market-leading growth, and becoming an admired, first-quoted carrier. We will provide the best digital quoting experience in the industry and make digital our primary channel for service and claims, delivering innovative experiences that exceed consumer and agent expectations.
About the Role:
We're looking for a Product Design Lead with front-end development skills and an expertise in React, to join our UX Product Design team.
You'll be primarily focused on the Liberty Mutual Design System (LMDS), and under general direction, you'll create the coded UI components and other elements of the design system that are used around the globe in our digital applications. Your work will feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize the user experience. We operate as a modern day UX practice that includes UX development, and as a part of that you'll be creating the tools that drive efficiencies throughout our digital products. You'll experience a degree of autonomy you don't often see elsewhere. In this role you will work with business, technical, and product leads to understand the business vision, objectives and transformation plans to help identify opportunities for competitive advantage.
You could be a great fit for this role if you are:
- An Experience Innovator: You will further the UX vision while bringing industry best practices and innovative technical solutions into the applications we support.
- A Customer Advocate: You will help identify user research needs and participate in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing. You will continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions.
- A Natural Collaborator: You will work with multiple functions, including product owners, product designers, and developers throughout the product life cycle, seeking frequent feedback and integrating multiple considerations into your work, as well as mentoring and guiding colleagues as they contribute to the design system.
- A Master of Translation: You're capable of transforming visual designs and wireframes into clean, accessible code that matches the UX vision and supports LMDS' success.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 8+ years of experience in a related field.
- Familiarity with enterprise build and release cycles.
- Experience using methodologies such as Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX, and Lean Startup.
- Demonstrated expertise in front-end development and UX design, as well as familiarity with visual design, prototyping, user research and/or experiment design.
- A deep understanding of the pillars of design systems, including principles, components, and patterns as both a design system consumer and design system contributor.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical thinking skills with the proven ability to synthesize and reconcile complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing requirements.
- Proven ability to present projects and status reports to senior management.
- Solid understanding of information architecture, usability, and UX practices.