Associate Derivatives, Liquidity, & Rates
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance – a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group's (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $90 billion in AUM and staffed nearly 300 investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, MA, we offer the best of both worlds — the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a “one firm, one portfolio, one team” mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment Business Units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
LMIG is proud to be recognized for a second time in 2019 as a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune magazine and as a Great Place to Work.
An associate role working in Liberty Mutual Investments' Global Fixed Income group on the Strategy & Rates team.
- Under the supervision of the Derivatives, Liquidity & Rates Portfolio Manager, responsible for portfolio construction, order creation, and position rolling for all derivatives, treasuries, agencies, and ETFs in the fixed income portfolio.
- Monitor markets in credit, interest rate and FX derivatives and provide value-added commentary on technicals, relative value, and other insights to the Global Fixed Income leadership team.
- Maintain interest rate exposures for all fixed income portfolios, including rates hedging of daily trading activity in other asset classes. Utilize cash, treasuries, and derivatives to execute this mandate.
- Manage cash and cash alternatives for all portfolios, including optimization of short-term investments across available instruments, maintaining liquidity at target levels, and communicating cash flow details to asset class Portfolio Managers.
- Maintain market beta exposures by utilizing derivatives, ETFs, and other instruments, as appropriate.
- Promote efficiency and risk reduction in executing these various mandates by fostering the development of new ideas and strategies.
- Pursue the development of technology, data and analytics needed to support this role.
- Identify opportunities for adding alpha in the management of these instruments while strictly adhering to risk targets.
- Assist with the onboarding of new derivative capabilities.
- 3-5 years of experience in fixed income asset management with an emphasis on portfolio construction and derivatives.
- Experience analyzing, modeling, portfolio construction, and trading of derivative products including credit, interest rate, and/or foreign currency instruments.
- Highly experienced with Blackrock's Aladdin investment platform and Bloomberg.
- CFA Charterholder or MBA preferred
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in our business, or by our vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.