IT Financial Compliance Manager
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
IT Financial Compliance Manager
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
About the job:
Liberty Mutual's Global Cybersecurity organization is actively searching for a highly motivated and passionate manager, aligned to the Governance, Risk & Compliance Financial Reporting team. In this position, your primary responsibility is to provide guidance and support to stakeholders, management and staff members to effectively execute financially aligned compliance programs. The ability to design, document, and assist with control testing, along with effectively communicating complex issues with sensitivity to diverse audiences, all within an agile atmosphere is critical in this role.
- Through hiring, coaching, counseling and individual development, create a motivating work environment to foster high performance. This includes, but not limited to defining individual performance objectives, ensuring alignment to organizational objectives, and building development plans, focused on team growth, learning and effective collaboration.
- Evaluates team and individual performance, as well as makes compensation recommendations
- May be asked to review the design, development, testing and implementation of processes implemented by the team
- Provides technical expertise and leadership to partners and management during complex assessment engagements as well as reporting out on findings, remediation and the development of management responses
- Enable the team to evaluate processes, identifying controls to mitigate risks and determine if they are designed and operating effectively to support the IT environment
- Effectively communicates complex details to diverse audiences
- Partners with and supports Scrum Master and Product Owners to enable and optimize delivery of prioritized work
- Champions and effectively utilizes agile methodology and practices and advocate for continuous improvement and ongoing measurement using data-driven methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline, auditing or equivalent experience. Financial Audit and/or System and Organization Controls (SOC) reporting experience preferred.
- Generally, 8+ years of professional experience in IT equivalent areas
- Highly proficient in security, risk and compliance concepts, processes and able to design and execute patterns
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand, communicate, and/or apply requirements
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Ability to manage processes for preservation and handling of digital evidence
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation and consensus building skills required