Note: Due to Covid, all employees are work from home till June, 2021.
Once back in the office, the role will be hybrid 50 percent from home, 50 percent from office so you must RESIDE in INDIANAPOLIS Area.
Advance your Paralegal career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual has an exciting opportunity for paralegals interested in a dynamic and fulfilling career! Our position will facilitate your growth in two key areas: insurance defense expertise and the use of technology to deliver paralegal services remotely. Paralegals hired for these positions provide support from a centralized location to attorneys in Liberty Mutual staff legal offices. The position is ideal for candidates who thrive in a team setting. A customer service focus is essential. Our organization uses technology to its fullest. Growth and learning opportunities abound in this multi-jurisdiction support program.
- Effectively manages deadlines.
- Reviews file material to prepare discovery responses.
- Updates file with summaries and/or relevant information.
- Prepares standard pleadings including motions and settlement documents.
- Assists attorney in trial preparation procedures.
- Other duties may vary according to court/state jurisdictions.
- Exercises exceptional judgment.
- Ability to work successfully with remote team members.
- Paralegal Degree or Certificate from an accredited college or university.
- One to three years working experience as a litigation defense paralegal preferred.
- Strong computer skills including the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to communicate effectively with attorneys and policyholders.
- Knowledge of insurance defense preferred.
- Detail and service oriented.
- Ability to work successfully with remote team members
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.