Surety Underwriting Development Program - Cincinnati (July 2021)
Are your sights set on a rewarding career in finance—one that influences economic growth, commerce, and infrastructure development? Are you passionate about building relationships? Do you have strong financial, analytical, and project management skills? Are you looking to join a global operation with opportunities to grow worldwide?
Yes, yes, and yes? Read on! Liberty Mutual Surety is seeking ambitious college grads—like you—to join our Class of 2021 Surety Underwriting Development Program.
This industry-leading 15-month development program features a combination of structured mentoring programs, hands-on learning, exposure to leadership, and rotations across our niche and global product lines and business functions.
The Surety Underwriting Development Program provides real-world opportunities to learn how financial conditions, character, experience, legal components, and other factors can influence ultimate credit worthiness and bonding decisions. You will build upon your people skills and build relationships with customers as well as peers worldwide that will continue throughout your career.
While pursuing your Associate in Fidelity in Surety Bonding (AFSB) certification, you will develop and apply knowledge of key contract and commercial Surety underwriting concepts. You'll participate in challenging team and individual case studies and conduct financial statement and credit analysis, contract evaluation, and project risk assessments.
Upon completion of the program, you will become a Surety Underwriter within a defined territory, location, and product line, which may include relocation. Learn more about our best-in-class development program and industry HERE
What you've got
- You hold a bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or comparable with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- You have experience with finance and accounting coursework, and possess an understanding of how to read financial statements. You also demonstrate technical competence in fundamental financial analysis.
- You have 0-2 years of professional experience.
- You think globally and are able to adapt easily to different cultures and communication styles. You possess excellent analytical, organizational, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
- You demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills with an emphasis on fostering relationships.
- Prior internship experience is a plus, especially in a finance-related environment.
- You are willing to relocate upon completion of the program, based on location.
A little about Surety
Liberty Mutual Surety, a business unit of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is the 2nd largest Surety in the United States and a leading global surety. Conducting business worldwide through fronting relationships and Liberty-owned subsidiaries, we provide bonds in over 60 countries for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial enterprises on an account and transactional basis. We are committed to building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service. Liberty Mutual Surety is dedicated to the communities we serve and highly values a diverse workforce in more than 16 countries.