Solutions Engineer - Telephony
The IT Global Retail Markets US Service Technology team is actively seeking to hire an IT Solutions Engineer. This person will partner cross functionally and with vendors to implement and support large-scale contact centers, telephony/voice deployments, and IVR technologies that will drive superior customer and agent experiences through omni-channel contact center platforms.
This person will be responsible for the implementation of technology by developing clear, comprehensive and integrated system, technical and/or product recommendations which support the customer`s business plans and long-term strategy. Collaborates with Architects and Engineers to drive architectural designs, technology strategy, and roadmaps that enable business flexibility at the enterprise level. Drives change that moves our technology and business forward, managing/solving the most complex problems, and providing leadership across engineering and business teams. Provides leadership in reviewing the velocity of the team, presenting continuous improvement opportunities for improved product/team performance.
Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As an experienced Solutions Engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll help reshape voice technologies, consult on highly complex projects and solve technical problems, while working in an agile environment - and the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
In this role, you would:
- Shape the future of Contact Center/Service Center offerings in telephony and non-voice channels, such as SMS and chat, through flexible, modern cloud-based architectures
- Develop technical vision and strategy along with peer SEs, and aligned Architects
- Partner with the Product Owner(s) and Engineering Managers to develop and continually refine a roadmap that drives technology modernization alongside business capability delivery
- Collaborate with development teams and architects experienced in existing on-premise solution, a solid roadmap towards the future, and a passion to learn and drive the adoption of newer technologies to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long-term strategy.
- Mentor Engineers on our team
- Collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Understand and support business operations, objectives and strategies
- Drive change, and adapt to change quickly, using your strong communication skills and be recognized as a thought leader within the company
What You've Got:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of related software engineering experience
- Experience with voice communication systems and contact center technologies
- In-depth experience with state-of-the art voice and contact center engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems
- Familiarity with the topology used in enterprise telephony systems that include components such as SBCs, IVRs, and CTI integrations, and protocols including SIP, and WebRTC
- Experience with cloud-based contact center as a service technology such as Twilio Flex, Amazon Connect, Amazon Lex, and Genesys Cloud and familiarity of on-prem enterprise solutions such as Avaya and NICE.
Experience with the design and development of end-to-end contact center solutions that optimize
- The caller experience within the IVR and chatbots
- Operational efficiency through attribute and skill-based call routing
- The agent experience through softphone integration
- Strong leadership skills; coaching and mentoring skills. Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills - including negotiation, facilitation, and consensus building skills; ability to influence and persuade, without direct control
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies, within areas of expertise, via formal training and self-directed education
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, SAFe) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Engineers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Experience with CI/CD practices & Dev Ops principles
- Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short-term implications of decisions
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.