Solutions Engineer - Quality Engineering
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
As a Solutions Engineer, Quality Engineering you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to ensure we are developing strong quality and test engineering skills across the organization. You will partner with Product Owners, Software Developers and Test Engineers to build competencies and identify tools and platforms that improve our ability to continuously deliver quality software.
About the Role:
- Collaborate with development teams and architects experienced with newer technologies to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long term strategy.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Develops clear, comprehensive testing technical architectures which support current and future directions; makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness; reviews major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested scope; models solutions according to architecture, technology and standards.
- Investigates and forecasts business and IT trends to define the technical direction when needed
- Depicts highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates opportunities for improvement and potential solutions.
- Investigates and makes final recommendations on new tools and techniques; collaborates on hardware/software evaluations
- Provide relevant technical coaching and support to team members
- Develop frameworks for benchmarking skills and establishing technical competency standards for roles and levels
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent expertise. Generally a minimum of 8 years related experience.
- Thorough knowledge in the following areas; IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, thorough knowledge of IT diverse technologies and new data architecture principles and concepts, thorough understanding of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs, business function(s) and IT industry business issues; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Highly proficient in testing strategies, tools, techniques and methodologies with ability to provide reliable, consistent results from execution; including automated testing and modeling tools.
- Experience and expertise required in testing tools, methodologies and procedures in an agile framework.
- Requires Strong negotiation, facilitation, consensus building, and communication and presentation skills.
Quality Engineering Specialization:
- In depth knowledge in Functional Automation using multiple platforms and tools like Selenium, TestCafe, Cypress etc. Should have expert level knowledge in at least one of these tools
- Experience in Tricentis Tosca is preferred but not required
- Very good understanding of the test pyramid and experience implementing various stages (Unit, Integration, End-to-End etc.)
- In depth knowledge in testing best practices – eg: Page Object Model
- Hands-on knowledge in CI based execution of the various test types using either Bamboo, Jenkins or any other CI system
- Hands-on knowledge in Docker, Kubernetes, AWS services and Azure services is not required but is preferred
- In depth understanding of performance testing processes
- Knowledge in the usage of tools like JMeter, Artillery, Gatling etc.
- Understanding of the JVM and its performance characteristics
- Good understanding of APM tools like AppD, DataDog, New Relic etc. and its use in performance engineering analysis is required
- A good understanding of zero trust security principles is required
- Experience with OWASP tools and their use in Test Engineering is preferred
- Knowledge in Web Security Testing Guide is preferred