The qualified candidate will be responsible for the investigation, evaluation and resolution of commercial auto, general, and professional liability claims that arise from the property/casualty exposures. This position will be required to analyze potentially complex or technically difficult, high exposure claims on a countrywide basis. A high level of customer service must be maintained at all times. This is a work-from-home position.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3,500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Investigate and resolve claims in accordance with Corvel's standards and client expectations.
- Assign appropriate reserves, managing reserve adequacy throughout life of the claim.
- Diary must be worked daily and managed effectively.
- Proactively manage the litigation process to ensure timely and cost effective claims resolution.
- Attend mediations, settlement conferences, trials as required.
- Report claims to excess carriers and provide follow-up status reports.
- Prepare claim status and authority requests to clients.
- Participate in periodic, client claim reviews.
- Must exhibit excellent time management and organizational skills.
Oral and written communications must be effective and expressed in clear, concise and professional manner.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 10+ years technical claim handling experience with high exposure claims.
- Must have experience with handling of recreational and/or fitness center exposures.
- Have ability to accurately interpret agreements and identify opportunity to transfer risk.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Current P/C adjusting licenses as required by each applicable state.
- AIC designation preferred.