Sales - Commercial Lines Broker
Leading mid-Atlantic property-casualty carrier seeks to expand distribution partner relationships, new business, products, and brands in the eastern PA region. The Distribution Representative (formal NJM title) works closely with existing and new distribution partners to secure new business for the organization. Distribution Representatives are knowledgeable of all NJM products and services. They meet regularly with agency/brokerage distribution partners in pursuit of additional business in the mid to large-size markets. The right candidate would already possess key commercial agency/brokerage relationships, presence, and credibility in the eastern Pennsylvania territory which includes Maryland, Delaware, and South Jersey. These relationships will specifically be utilized to appoint and grow our distribution partner network in the region consistent with NJM’s exclusive distribution model.
- Match existing agent/broker relationships and books of business opportunities with those of NJM.
- Based on this analysis recommend for appointment new commercial lines distribution partners in the territory. Ultimately though the review process signs up all appropriate distribution partners based on the strength of these current relationships.
- Pursue, upsell, cross-sell, recapture opportunities with agencies/brokers
- Coordinate New Business Proposal Meetings on key accounts to agencies/brokers; present NJM optional plans
- Key account pre-renewal discussion with agencies
- Review competitor plans with NJM underwriting to ensure best pricing offered
- Lead annual planning process. Implement and monitor throughout the year
- Review underwriting appetite and services with agencies/brokers
- Attend POS (Point of Sale) when possible with agencies/brokers
- Assist with contracting new agencies/brokers
- Assist with onboarding and terminating agencies/brokers as required
- Maintain agency/broker profiles
- Attend corporate functions including Corporate Giving, Chamber of Commerce, and Marketing events
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial insurance company experience in the insurance industry, specifically in either Commercial Lines Marketing, Sales, Production Underwriting, Distribution and/or Relationship Management.
- Specific knowledge of the commercial lines marketplace in the territory as it relates to new agent/broker appointments and account opportunities.
Required Certifications or Licenses:
- Must maintain and remain current with their producers’ state licenses and continuing education credits
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Sales oriented with experience and successful track record selling standard commercial lines products in the noted territories.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues.
- Full knowledge of all commercial line’s standard insurance products and usages.
- Ability to manage multiple clients, tasks, and requests.
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance underwriting procedures
- Results-oriented with the ability to meet strategic goals as required for the assigned territory.
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution, negotiating, and project management skills.
- Professional, committed, and self-motivated with the ability to focus on daily tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.