PURPOSE OF THE JOB
ICW Group is looking for an experienced, innovative leader to oversee our Corporate Services team. The Manager, Corporate Services will oversee and conduct facilities and office administration responsibilities. This position exists to ensure that the Corporate Services department and company are operating in line with established procedures and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages the building services and company car fleet.
- Oversees services pertaining to janitorial issues, keys, security systems and alarms, building maintenance, and parking.
- Serves as a liaison with property Management Company, contractors, and vendors.
- Maintains service contracts and records, produces reports, and ensures service standards are being met.
- Manages all Home Office moves, additions, and changes.
- Provides space planning; updates and/or creates AutoCAD drawings as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of Branch Office records related to bids, vendors used, billing for services rendered, floor plans, and furniture layout.
- Sets realistic goals for individuals/departments and effectively schedules resources to achieve objectives.
- Monitors mailroom, storage, and office areas for organization and efficiencies.
- Reviews workflow and when necessary, proposes and implements new methods of working.
- Communicates to keep department employees informed on all pertinent company projects and information.
- Administers Company car fleet, including purchasing, leasing, and disposal.
- Maintains applicable file documentation.
- Oversees monthly maintenance and safety checks on automobiles.
- Maintains pool cars and Company van.
Oversees purchasing of office supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Analyzes and compares pricing on all purchases frequently.
- Coordinates and consolidates purchase requirements from all departments.
- Ensures department security in payment processing, such as safeguarding bank account numbers and credit card numbers.
- Verifies proper handling of payments and cash is taking place.
- Reviews and approves associated invoices in accordance with agreed procedures.
Prepares annual department budget and monthly reports.
- Forecasts department needs, including estimating equipment, staff, workspace, workflow, and volume.
- Develops stages of action and time frames in which department needs will occur.
- Analyzes current methods, workflows, and systems to improve performance.
- Investigates and presents techniques to reduce expenses.
- Ensures trends and changes are being analyzed and provided by supervisory staff.
Responsible for the operation of the Scan Center and file room operations.
- Oversees print requests and works with vendors to ensure prompt and accurate completion and delivery.
- Ensures operating and quality standards are met based on department objectives.
- Ensures department adheres to corporate policies and procedures.
- Audits box file inventory on and off-site to verify accuracy and compliance.
- Ensures requests for box files are completed in a timely manner
Develops and leads a team of Corporate Services staff.
- Provides daily direction to the team. Communicates Mission, Values, and other organization operating principles to direct reports.
- Establishes and maintains the overall work cadence and, in partnership with department leadership, ensures performance and outcomes strive for excellence in delivery and customer experience. Ensures that the entire team is engaged and that leadership practices encourage development, recognition, and retention.
- Establishes and adheres to hiring criteria, on-boarding, and training requirements for incoming staff.
- Oversees the performance management and development process for the team and performs performance management duties, development planning and coaching for direct reports.
- Acts as a resource for team members to answer questions and solve complex problems.
- Manages budget, technology and other resources, workload, and customer requests for Department services. Ensures adherence to all Company policies and procedures and Compliance responsibilities.
- Ensures data quality, adherence to IT security guidelines, profitability and other risk-related metrics for self and members of the team.
Directly supervises employees within the Corporate Services team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance and salary reviews; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to further their skills and knowledge; creating and monitoring development plans; setting performance expectations/goals; forecasting staffing needs and planning for peak times and absences; enforcing department policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Economics, Sociology, or related field.
Minimum 5 – 7 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Prior project management and vendor management experience.
Supervisory experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Working knowledge of space planning, furniture systems, and standard office equipment. Working knowledge of telephone and data infrastructure. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have a working knowledge of current office equipment and technology. MS Project, AutoCAD, Visio, and database experience preferred. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to communicate clearly and work with business leaders to determine their business and facility requirements. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to employees, peers, and top management. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to proactively address potential problems areas. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Manager level. Additional competencies required: Business Thinking, Communication, Customer Orientation, Leader Identification and Organizational Knowledge.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
This description is a general statement of essential job functions and responsibilities.
The position may include other duties as assigned.