Innovation Design Strategist
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
The Allstate Innovation team helps drive Allstate's future by identifying compelling business opportunities, developing selected opportunities into thriving businesses, and assisting Allstate businesses with meeting their innovation objectives. Allstate Innovation brings together skills in strategy, design, technology, and marketing to create new products and businesses. The Innovation Design Strategist drives design-related aspects of Allstate Innovation's projects and is responsible for ensuring that all project work incorporates creative solutions to well-understood customer needs.
The Innovation Design Strategist enables the creation of products and services that address key consumer problems or needs. As such, they have a solid understanding of design thinking and the design process, a practical grasp of business concerns, and a strong handle on data and technology. The role drives creative thinking in all the steps of the design process, from initial research to final design solution and will work closely with the client team to integrate design thinking into new products or services.Key Responsibilities
Design and Creative Direction:
- Define the design and scope of all research activities (ethnographic, interviews/discussion groups, and secondary research)
- Distil ethnographic observations and other research findings into key insights that drive the design of products/services offered to that consumer group
- Conceive solutions to identified customer needs; planning and conducting multiple rounds of rapid prototyping and user feedback
- Engage Allstate's UX team to develop interfaces and consumer experiences that drive consumer value
- Articulate, inspire and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals
- Determine data needs and analysis for larger-scale user testing / beta testing
- Create final deliverables on the project
- Present findings and designs to senior management in an engaging way
- Create an environment of leadership and direction for product development design strategy
- Work effectively in and contribute to building collaborative team environments
- Drive innovation across Allstate, including with projects that are directly driven by the Product/Service Innovation and Development team
- Motivate and provide leadership to team and ensure the proper allocation of employees to the highest priority deliverables; ensure employees have the appropriate structure, tools, resources, and training required to perform their job at the highest levels
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement and possess high regard for transparency and collaboration
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- Ensure the development of a diverse pool of talent to meet current and future organizational needs
- Create an environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives where people work together effectively
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations
- Master's degree in Product Design, Human Factors, Interaction Design, Sociocultural Anthropology, Psychology, or similar degree
- 6+ years work experience in Design, including experience leading teams through the creation of digital products
- Ethnographic research training and experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work across various disciplines
- Meticulous attention to detail in execution of a large project
- Strong written, visual, and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
The minimum salary for this position is$120,000. The salary offered will becommensurate with experience.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.