Cybersecurity Risk Analyst
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
**We are open to qualified individuals who are willing to work from our strategic Allstate offices in Charlotte, NC or Irving, TX.**
The Cybersecurity Risk Analyst will be responsible for supporting the company's efforts to identify, assess, review, report on, and reduce information security risks. This individual will be a key contributor managing risk assessment and consulting operational activities to close consultation with Allstate Technology, Services and Ventures (ATSV), Information Security, and other business partners. This person will be a point of contact for assessing risk for applications, entities and the enterprise, which drives prioritization and strategy across Allstate. The Risk Analyst should have an understanding of information security domains and best practices, risk assessment methodologies, problem solving, a key mind for process maturity, great customer relationship skills, and ability to successfully work across multi-functional teams.
- Act as a key resource and point of contact to support and drive operations for the cyber risk program.
- Partner with all areas of the business, IT and business partners to update risk characteristics and document changes to systems and applications.
- Support cyber security assessment and consulting efforts across the team.
- Assist in the tracking and management of team cyber security intake requests for services.
- Respond to and assist with audits, assessments and compliance requests.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the organization's risk assessment and consulting efforts.
- Provide influence and support to peers across the governance teams to successfully deliver on business commitments.
- Initiate and implement continuous improvements in all areas of IT responsibility.
- 3 years of IT related experience with preferred hands-on experience in a Security domain.
- Demonstrated ability to lead discussions and participate in cross functional teams, including offsite, remote and offshore resources.
- Effective written, verbal communication skills. Ability to tailor communication style to audience at hand and communicate with both technical and non-technical resources.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple
- Self-directed, works with minimal guidance, and recognizes when guidance needed.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Demonstrated ability to stay abreast of relevant cybersecurity topics and news.
- General understanding of IT security domains and best practices.
- General knowledge of PCI DSS, HIPAA, ISO, NIST, and IT Controls.
- Knowledge of ArcherGRC is a plus.
- Skills in scripting/automation and process streamlining improvement is a plus.
The minimum salary for this position is $75,000. The salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.